Who liked windows 98 back when it came out? POLL

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
I loved having windows 98. My microsoft precision racing wheel usb would work with win98 but it didnt work with win95 os2. I had win2000 at one point, but formated my hdd and went back to win98.

spherrod

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
www.steveherrod.com
Originally posted by: sonoma1993
I loved having windows 98. My microsoft precision racing wheel usb would work with win98 but it didnt work with win95 os2. I had win2002 at one point, but formated my hdd and went back to win98.

Win2002?

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Originally posted by: spherrod
Originally posted by: sonoma1993
I loved having windows 98. My microsoft precision racing wheel usb would work with win98 but it didnt work with win95 os2. I had win2002 at one point, but formated my hdd and went back to win98.

Win2002?

typo, i meant windows 2000

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Windows 98 rocked!

It was damn near flawless on my past Asus P5A and K6-2 450mhz system back in the day.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Canterwood
Originally posted by: Link19
The results of this poll disgust me even more.
Good! We're all glad! :D

Now go cry to your mommy, cos nobody here gives a f*ck about any of the useless crap you write.
900 odd posts of the same continuous drivel, and not anything even remotely constructive in any of them.
Way to go! You're a real credit to the forums. NOT!

Totally, link needs to learn to like windows 98, or face the neverending task of trying to convince us it sucks. Which is getting hella old.

Link19

Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Soviet

Now go cry to your mommy, cos nobody here gives a f*ck about any of the useless crap you write.
900 odd posts of the same continuous drivel, and not anything even remotely constructive in any of them.

Totally, link needs to learn to like windows 98, or face the neverending task of trying to convince us it sucks. Which is getting hella old.

I'll never learn to like such a POS OS like Windows 98/ME. Everyone should learn to hate them because they flat out suck. Just change your signature Soviet because your sig is full of false information.

jgigz

Jul 14, 2006
Link19 quick question.... Since you hate windows 98 so much and know every little thing thats wrong with it and you are so against it, why not write your own OS and let people test it to get thier opinions? Its one thign to criticize something you can controll and possibly produe a better product, but to criticize something you cannot control and to complaing endlessly is getting you no where. I dont think anyone had a real problem with you until you started becomming obsessed with hating on 98/ME constantly. We all know now that you HATE windows 98/ME so do us a favor and just hate it in silence...

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

I'll never learn to like such a POS OS like Windows 98/ME. Everyone should learn to hate them because they flat out suck. Just change your signature Soviet because your sig is full of false information.

OH!! You are totally right! Its full of false info. Tsk tsk, i am no longer a member of the Anantech Ogame alliance, i am a member of the Fighting Mongooses alliance, ill have that changed asap! Thanks for pointing that out!

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
damn you are a fvcking retard Link19, the reason why you never could get Win98 working was because you flat out suck at using a PC, why don't you learn to use a calculator first before you step up to something worth while.

You still are the psuedo man on top of a native Girly-man architecture

Link19

Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Stumps
damn you are a fvcking retard Link19, the reason why you never could get Win98 working was because you flat out suck at using a PC, why don't you learn to use a calculator first before you step up to something worth while.

You still are the psuedo man on top of a native Girly-man architecture

I am great at using a PC because at least I know that you should use a decent OS, and not some POS DOS application called Windows 9X.

I could get Windows 98 working, but it still didn't change the fact that it was a POS OS and I sure hated it because it was unstable and was sh!tty at multi tasking. It flat out sucked compared to OS/2 WARP and Linux flavored opertaing systems.

GreenMonkey

Sep 22, 2004
Well, I got my win98SE box up and running. Celery 333mhz, Voodoo3, SBLive. It's not actually that bad. Driver installation is a bit annoying, and I noticed that when I tried to get to Windows Update it didn't work right (page cannot be displayed - microsuck must have moved the page). but an update pack later and some driver installs, no problem.

No time to play my win98 & DOS games, though...Dungeon Keeper 2, etc. Maybe later after the school semester is over.

BTW: I can't help bumping this thread. It's too funny not to bump every month or two.

KPACOTKA

Oct 19, 2006
Believe me or not, but I still use Windows 98 and quite happy with it. I bought my home computer in 1996 and I do not need upgrade anymore. It runs fast and flawlessly. I have modern OS on my work computer, but I nothing can do to downgrade.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I still use 98se occasionally. Except for a hardware hard drive failure, I would never have had to reinstall it since 1997.

Never had a problem with it at all.

Link19

Apr 22, 2003
How much worse can the reuslts of this poll get. The reuslts of this poll really show the ignorance of many people here. Compared to what we could and should have had, WIndows 98 was flat out horrible. Enough said. That is a technical fact!! Pretty much every OS ever made everywhere kicked the living daylights out of POS Windows 98/ME.

There was a far superior OS available back then and devs should have wrote all software for it. Imagine how much better performacne would have been in the PC industry the last ten years if there were native binaries for all home consumer software for Linux and OS/2 WARP which were far superior, more capable, more efficent operating systems.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
How much worse can the reuslts of this poll get. The reuslts of this poll really show the ignorance of many people here. Compared to what we could and should have had, WIndows 98 was flat out horrible. Enough said. That is a technical fact!! Pretty much every OS ever made everywhere kicked the living daylights out of POS Windows 98/ME.

There was a far superior OS available back then and devs should have wrote all software for it. Imagine how much better performacne would have been in the PC industry the last ten years if there were native binaries for all home consumer software for Linux and OS/2 WARP which were far superior, more capable, more efficent operating systems.
Why haven't you been banned yet? :confused:

Link19

Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: cubby1223

I never brought this old topic back up. All I did is reply to a topic that was already bought back up. I have a right to my opinion. I hate such POS opertaing systems like Windows 98/ME and that will not change.

And besides, this topic is about Windows 98 and who liked and who hated it back when it came out. This was not a topic about something else that I turned into a hating Windows 98 thread.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

I never brought this old topic back up. All I did is reply to a topic that was already bought back up. I have a right to my opinion. I hate such POS opertaing systems like Windows 98/ME and that will not change.

And besides, this topic is about Windows 98 and who liked and who hated it back when it came out. This was not a topic about something else that I turned into a hating Windows 98 thread.

What hole did you crawl out of? You were gone and now you're back... damnit...

Look what i drew for you link. ---> Isnt it nice? Do you like it?

Link19

Apr 22, 2003

Change your signature Soviet. It is such a bad signature. I can't bear to see it any longer.

That picture is disgusting and false. It has no respresnetation of me.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Change your signature Soviet. It is such a bad signature. I can't bear to see it any longer.

Of course master, i will do as you comply. I have changed my signature to somthing i believe will suit you :)

Link19

Apr 22, 2003

Of course master, i will do as you comply. I have changed my signature to somthing i believe will suit you :)

You just made it even worse. Just remove the last two lines and your signature will rock. But until then, your signature is a disgrace to how the advances in the IT industry have been held back the last 10 years all because of piece of crap Win9X based opertaing systems.

kamper

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003
So that was only about a 6 week ban then? I think we'd all assumed it was permanent by this point...