Who liked Imperium Galactica 2 here?

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
IMHO, it was one of most underrated PC games ever. Awesome space 4x game.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I loved it.
It had an excellent balance of action and building. Most other space exploration games tend to get the huge battles towards the end, and have a boring monotony of buildup in the beginning and middle.
I liked that the govenors or planetary AI's would actually do their jobs. That was a big one.
The research tree was simple and easy to access or change. The only thing I didnt like about science was it was possible to get everything in a medium length game, and then all the research buildings were useless. Then you had to go through each planet one by one and destroy all of them manually.

Building and moving fleets was very easy and combat was actually enjoyable.
I REALLY liked the ability to purchase ships and tanks and have them FedEx'd right to my doorstep. It was one of the few games that directly rewarded a strong economy, because you could just use surplus cash to quick build a fleet. Most other games make you balance money with production, and if you dont have a fleet you need to shift from profit into shipbuilding and then wait while your military slowly builds up.

Also the spies actually worked, and their results were apparent.

The three campaigns were well done, and the random maps were enjoyable too.