Who knew there was actually a Dick Trickle?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

filmmaker

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2002
Yeah, I know about him because I board operator Nascar races on a country radio station. His name definately stands out.

Aug 23, 2000
reminds me of a show on fox awhile ago, back when the when ..... Attack, or when .... go wild days, there was a show and one of the guys name was Dick Goodlick.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Spooner
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Welcome to jr. high school...
amish
.... the pool is on the roof

"Where's the bathroom?" "It's upstairs, on the roof. You have to use your key though. You didn't get one? Well... I could loan you mine. For $20."

Actually had a few takers on that one.

As far as bad names go there's a DJ aquantance of mine down in Vegas who's birth name is Homes Poser. No joke. We think his parents hated him.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Yes. Dick Trickle is a real guy of NASCAR fame. You're probably getting him mixed up with Tom Cruise's character Cole Trickle in "Days of Thunder".

I like how they come up with these names. In Stallone's "Driven", they combined two race car drivers names (Memo Gidley and Roberto Moreno) to make Memo Moreno.

Sal

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well I know Dick and his Father who was also a racer. His little brother raced in winston west and some other series along the west coast and was murderd in Las Vegas where he was living at the time. Someone shot him out south of Vegas on Blue Diamond Road.
Never solved. He lingered in a coma for over a year before his death. This affected Dick very much as they were a close family, Dick is a wonderfull person and does not have the temper that a lot of the other racers have.

Bleep

WhiteKnight77

Mar 10, 2003
Back in '92 the week of the Spring Winston Cup race in Richmond, I went to a hotel/bar where some drivers were signing autographs and such. I had to go to the can and went to the mens room. While I was leaving some liquid waste in the urinal, a shorter gentleman in a brown shirt stepped up to the urinal next to me. After doing a double take, I had to ask. Of all people to meet in the mens room, I met Dick Trickle. Yes I have seen him race and he was even Rookie of the Year in 1989. His number 8 Snickers (candy bar) Buick did have a cigarette lighter in it so he could smoke and race at the same time.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yer ain't from around ayar, are ya boy?
:frown:

But ya know, yer shur got a pretty mouth...
:Q

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
Yeah
He's from Wisconsin Rapids, which is five minutes from where I live.
And my ex-girlfriend's mom got hit on by him at a bar lol.