Who knew Budweiser has rice in it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003
I still have to try it then, because I'm actually a fan of Weizens (although pouring them properly is still a mystery that eludes me).

But thanks for the pic - I'll have to get on procuring a few of those labels.

*right click -> save*

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Insomniak
I still have to try it then, because I'm actually a fan of Weizens (although pouring them properly is still a mystery that eludes me).

*right click -> save*

Pour w/ the glass tilted ~45 degrees into the middle of the glass. Once you reach a little over halfway raise the glass to its normal position. You should notice an appreciable head that lingers for a good amount of time.

A nice Weizen glass helps w/ the presentation as well.

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Descartes

*right click -> save*

Pour w/ the glass tilted ~45 degrees into the middle of the glass. Once you reach a little over halfway raise the glass to its normal position. You should notice an appreciable head that lingers for a good amount of time.

A nice Weizen glass helps w/ the presentation as well.

Yeah, but seeing the method on paper and actually mastering it are two completely different things :D

Actually I was also taught to swirl the bottle slightly while pouring to keep any yeast from sticking to the sides and to get it well mixed in solution but hey...I dunno, maybe diff'rent strokes.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
American domestic beers are horse urine, and that is that. I don't care if you like Bud, Miller, or (God help your poor soul) Coors. It's all sh*t. Take a weeklong barhop trip through Germany some time and learn a few things.

EDIT: Yes, I do live in America. I just know better.

Guess the Europeans love our American crap too.. considering Budweiser is the best-selling beer in all of Europe.

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003
Originally posted by: brxndxn
American domestic beers are horse urine, and that is that. I don't care if you like Bud, Miller, or (God help your poor soul) Coors. It's all sh*t. Take a weeklong barhop trip through Germany some time and learn a few things.

Guess the Europeans love our American crap too.. considering Budweiser is the best-selling beer in all of Europe.

You know, I hear Intel sells a lot of processors...

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: brxndxn

AOL's the #1 ISP in the US. Your point?

cbuchach

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Nebben
Originally posted by: cbuchach
I did. That is one reason why I have never in my life had a regular Budweiser in my life (I have had Bud Light). The other being I am from Wisconsin and up there we drink are more partial to Miller. MGD is NOT made from rice.

So you'd rather drink terrible beer made with corn than terrible beer made with rice?

Yes

Raincity

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: Nomada
Originally posted by: piroroadkill
Well, it wasn't bud, and you probably don't get it anyway, but it was Carlsberg Export.

I really shouldn't have posted it on a vastly American inhabited message board, so I guess you can all mark it off as a trick question and carry on with your lives.

Thanks for the tuth. Was Wonderin wat the hell got you wet. Carlsburg is ...brewed..? in Canada. These days anyway. I'm a sucker for my own Brand:D

Carlsburg is brewed in Carlsburg Germany.

Since when is Copenhagen in Germany ?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Raincity
Well, it wasn't bud, and you probably don't get it anyway, but it was Carlsberg Export.

I really shouldn't have posted it on a vastly American inhabited message board, so I guess you can all mark it off as a trick question and carry on with your lives.

Thanks for the tuth. Was Wonderin wat the hell got you wet. Carlsburg is ...brewed..? in Canada. These days anyway. I'm a sucker for my own Brand:D

LOL

I didn't even catch that.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Iron Woode

LOL

I didn't even catch that.

many foriegn brews are contract brewed in the US.

and yeah, mass produced fizz beers use corn rice and whatever else they might think of to lower production costs.

Feb 10, 2000

IMO German beer is very ordinary stuff. They don't use enough hops for me. In general I find the English styles a lot more interesting.

Also, American microbrewers make many of the best beers in the world, so I don't think it's fair or accurate to say all American beer is bad. I'll take a Dogfish/Lagunitas/Deschutes/Anderson Valley, etc. against anything made on Earth.

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003
Originally posted by: DonVito

IMO German beer is very ordinary stuff. They don't use enough hops for me. In general I find the English styles a lot more interesting.

Also, American microbrewers make many of the best beers in the world, so I don't think it's fair or accurate to say all American beer is bad. I'll take a Dogfish/Lagunitas/Deschutes/Anderson Valley, etc. against anything made on Earth.

I'll agree there - in fact, I think the main thing about European beers is that they are smaller operations and thus produce better product. I know of some excellent microbrews here in the US as well.

There's one here in North Carolina, in particular, called Red Oak. They have three brews, one of which is a dark called "Battlefield Black" which I find particularly agreeable.

But you're right - it's just the major huge corporation beers here in the US that are terrible.

Originally posted by: ElFenix
American domestic beers are horse urine, and that is that.

you, sir, are an idiot.

You, Sir, are wrong.

Raincity

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000

I'll agree there - in fact, I think the main thing about European beers is that they are smaller operations and thus produce better product. I know of some excellent microbrews here in the US as well.

There's one here in North Carolina, in particular, called Red Oak. They have three brews, one of which is a dark called "Battlefield Black" which I find particularly agreeable.

But you're right - it's just the major huge corporation beers here in the US that are terrible.

you, sir, are an idiot.

You, Sir, are wrong.

No you are wrong. More rice and hops and less barley is the style of American Lager. If you dont like it then dont drink it. Bud is still the biggest selling import.

Nebben

May 20, 2004
No, more rice and less barley is the style of macrobrewed crap. There are many fine lagers made in America, Anheuser-Busch products do not fall into that category.

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
seriously...beer, regardless of what idiot made it, is $ucking nasty.

"oh german beer is the best!"
"oh come to canada and have a beer, ay?!"
"oh mexico and your cheap tasty beer!"

whatever...all $ucking gross.

Beer drinkers are fat and lazy...beer perpetuates itself as a manly substance...so the rest of you losers who like it can feel better about sitting alone on your couch watching football and stuffing cheetos in your mouth.

LarryS

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2000
Call me uncivilized but there's nothing better to me that an ice cold Miller Lite... and I have tried just about everything out there.

Nebben

May 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Gulzakar
seriously...beer, regardless of what idiot made it, is $ucking nasty.

"oh german beer is the best!"
"oh come to canada and have a beer, ay?!"
"oh mexico and your cheap tasty beer!"

whatever...all $ucking gross.

Beer drinkers are fat and lazy...beer perpetuates itself as a manly substance...so the rest of you losers who like it can feel better about sitting alone on your couch watching football and stuffing cheetos in your mouth.

:roll:

Stereotype much?

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003

you, sir, are an idiot.

You, Sir, are wrong.

No you are wrong. More rice and hops and less barley is the style of American Lager. If you dont like it then dont drink it. Bud is still the biggest selling import.

I couldn't care less about the style, it's all far too watered down and tasteless - THAT would be why I don't care for it. I think you could make a strong argument for using different types of grains.

Again, sales hold no credibility with me. Many people buy what they're told to. Don't even bother bringing sales figures around.