Who knew Budweiser has rice in it?

piroroadkill

Sep 27, 2004
The drink I'm drinking right now has the following: Water, Malted Barley, Yeast, Hops, Carbon Dioxide, Caramel (colour), Foam Stabiliser.

Can you tell me what it is?

Nomada

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
Originally posted by: piroroadkill
The drink I'm drinking right now has the following: Water, Malted Barley, Yeast, Hops, Carbon Dioxide, Caramel (colour), Foam Stabiliser.

Caramel flavoured Beer...? Put it down...She's gonna blow.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Bud Select?

Nomada

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Descartes

Bud Select?

QFT:D

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003

Danica Patrick?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I did, passingly...... and I'm not much of a drinker.

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Nomada

Caramel flavoured Beer...? Put it down...She's gonna blow.

That's caramel for the COLOR.

piroroadkill

Sep 27, 2004
Well, it wasn't bud, and you probably don't get it anyway, but it was Carlsberg Export.

I really shouldn't have posted it on a vastly American inhabited message board, so I guess you can all mark it off as a trick question and carry on with your lives.

cbuchach

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2000
I did. That is one reason why I have never in my life had a regular Budweiser in my life (I have had Bud Light). The other being I am from Wisconsin and up there we drink are more partial to Miller. MGD is NOT made from rice.

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003
American domestic beers are horse urine, and that is that. I don't care if you like Bud, Miller, or (God help your poor soul) Coors. It's all sh*t. Take a weeklong barhop trip through Germany some time and learn a few things.

EDIT: Yes, I do live in America. I just know better.

Nomada

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
Well, it wasn't bud, and you probably don't get it anyway, but it was Carlsberg Export.

I really shouldn't have posted it on a vastly American inhabited message board, so I guess you can all mark it off as a trick question and carry on with your lives.

Thanks for the tuth. Was Wonderin wat the hell got you wet. Carlsburg is ...brewed..? in Canada. These days anyway. I'm a sucker for my own Brand:D

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
i knew. my dad was alergic to corn, which most beers have in it. so he drank bud.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

Thanks for the tuth. Was Wonderin wat the hell got you wet. Carlsburg is ...brewed..? in Canada. These days anyway. I'm a sucker for my own Brand:D

Carlsburg is brewed in Carlsburg Germany.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Citrix

Carlsburg is brewed in Carlsburg Germany.
It used to be brewed in Canada by Labatts.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Insomniak
American domestic beers are horse urine, and that is that. I don't care if you like Bud, Miller, or (God help your poor soul) Coors. It's all sh*t. Take a weeklong barhop trip through Germany some time and learn a few things.

There are much better beers to be had in Belgium.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Well, the description you gave was pretty worthless.

I'm drinking a beer right now comprised of malted barley and hops. What is it?

Insomniak

Banned
Sep 11, 2003

There's excellent beer all over Europe - I was just using Germany as a well known example.

I haven't had any Belgian beer m'self, so I wouldn't know, but I'd definitely like a chance to try. Maybe one day :beer::D

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

There's excellent beer all over Europe - I was just using Germany as a well known example.

I haven't had any Belgian beer m'self, so I wouldn't know, but I'd definitely like a chance to try. Maybe one day :beer::D

Try some of these; all Belgian (a few are brewed in the US with the Belgian style) with the exception of the Aventinus, and that's an aged German Weizen ('99).

Nebben

May 20, 2004
Originally posted by: cbuchach
I did. That is one reason why I have never in my life had a regular Budweiser in my life (I have had Bud Light). The other being I am from Wisconsin and up there we drink are more partial to Miller. MGD is NOT made from rice.

So you'd rather drink terrible beer made with corn than terrible beer made with rice?