who is wrenching today?

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FuzzyDunlop

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2008
Im debating between putting this in the car, or playing Guild Wars 2 tonight. Depends how tired I am once 5oclock rolls around... tick tick tick tick.
DSC00183.jpg

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Bad solder joints and it fell into the dash. It used to work if you tap on it, so I did, and one day I tapped to hard and it fell back into the dash. I just had to remove the panel, pull out the clock, apply heat, and reseat it. Didn't take long.
Cool, thanks. I think I may have more problems, no power to the power mirrors either and no blown fuses. Looks like a camry?

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
Cool, thanks. I think I may have more problems, no power to the power mirrors either and no blown fuses. Looks like a camry?
i wouldn't be surprised if it was a Toyota of some sort...i have the exact same issue w/ the clock and some other lights behind the dash in my 94 Supra...

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
:oops: Herp-a-derp. I found the secret hidden fuse panel behind the change door, while waiting at a job site. all is fixed now.

Atty

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Yes. 2.2L 4cyl 1999 Camry.

There are step by step tutorials to fix the clock as well as other things over at Toyota Nation, that is where I found the steps to fix the clock.

sontakke

Aug 8, 2001
Finally I had to clean the EGR passageway on the 99 Honda Odyssey by removing the intake plenum and digging out the carbon to fix P0401. The Dewalt 12V Max impact wrench came very handy to take off umpteen bolts and nuts. Used Hf 1/4 torque wrench to tighten them back in stages. At the end of the job all the bolts were accounted for :)

onza

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
reviews.ragingazn.com
Did some wrenching this last weekend. Replaced the rear bank spark plugs on my Toyota Highlander 2006 v6. WHAT A PITA. 8hrs later, complete.

Next time around if the car isnt sold within 105k miles it will only take 3hrs tops.

JCH13

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2010
Replaced the spark plugs in my MS3 last night. Stock ones were just a touch out of spec, but it runs a bit smoother now. Might improve fuel economy too.

Everything came apart really nice, and I reassembled with anti-seize and di-electric grease everywhere. So nice working on newer cars... and it will be nice when this thing needs work in the future!

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Just because:
Replaced the oil pressure sensor and front sway bar bushings on the 01 Jeep yesterday. Took forever getting the bolts for the bushings out. Lying on your back trying to turn 11 yr old 15mm bolts above you using a standard socket set is not the best way lol. What I would've given for a 'pneumatic impact socket set'..........or whatever it's called

*adds to christmas list*

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I made a ghetto repair on the front fender of my bike. It is plastic and I overtightened the bolts that hold it on which cracked the plastic. Unfortunately, it is a painted part and to replace it Ducati wants over $300 so I bought a bit of fiberglass cloth, some resin and hardener and reinforced the back of the fender. A little sanding and some drilling and you can't even tell it was damaged.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
The Accord got new '08 spec Acura TL rear damper assemblies, a 3-round ATF swap to the new synthetic formula, new front rotors, an oil change, and a tire rotation.
The S2000 got new oil, transmission fluid, and diff oil, plus I re-installed the rear diffuser for an upcoming track day. Need to swap on the track pads/rotors still.

IHAVEAQUESTION

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2005
1998 Honda Accord V6. Replaced my front brakes this afternoon. Took me about an hour to do so. I think that's pretty efficient by any standard.

The old pads still had a bit of life left but they squeaked like hell, which is weird given they were OEM pads. Hopefully, the new set will work better.

bamx2

Oct 25, 2004
New thermostat and coolant flush on Gen 1 Honda CRV
( B20b engine ) . Not hard but I had to remove some stuff to get to the bolts (kind cramped= <1/4 turn on bolts with box end wrench, maybe gear wrench would have been useful here ) .

Last edited:

Harrod

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2010
Installed a cv axle seal in the 9-5, aired up the tires in the integra(they were sitting at 20psi)

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Pulled the ex mani on the sr20 to start going top mount finally. Ended up pulling out engine since we were almost there and the upper pan has the smallest of leaks.

Having two stock sr20s was boring me so mahle pistons, Eagle rods and acls are going in. Arps are ordered and starting to sort a 9k rpm head.

After enjoying the s13 for the summer the fun work begins!

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Did the rotors and pads up front on the camry. Rotors were within spec, but pulsing just a little.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Changed the front rotors and pads on my Accord yesterday. It took me an hour and ten minutes including cleanup - I was shooting for an hour but I'll take it :). She has 242K miles now so it's probably the last brake job she'll get.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Must be brake month :)
I had the Pilot in for a recall on a headlight switch, and the dealer noted the brakes were about there.
I was surprised at first, but I did the brakes @ about 65K, and it has 125K now.
This is the first rig I have owned that wears out all 4 at the exact same time.

bamx2

Oct 25, 2004
New radator in a Gen 1 Honda CRV.

Ordered parts to change timing belt in 2001 Honda Odyssey . Probably will do it next weeked .

Last edited:

Toastedlightly

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2004
I'll be working on the frame of a car I said I was making long ago. I'll update that thread once I have some good, solid progress to report.

Lots of cutting and tacking for me tonight. Hopefully I can start finish welding the frame by the end of next week.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Removed the Bilsteins from the S2000 to prepare them for a valving revision. Flushed brake fluid from that crappy Motul garbage to ATE Super Blue.