Who is waiting for Crysis

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Compnewbie01

Aug 8, 2005
This is probably just me, but has anyone else become LESS impressed with this game as they have shown more videos? I watched a video of it nearly a year ago and just HAD to have this game when it came out. However, the newer videos have kind of lost my interest. Don't get me wrong, I will end up buying this game, but I can only feel a little disappointed. It almost looks like they completely changed the game design and story.

Cheex

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Compnewbie01
This is probably just me, but has anyone else become LESS impressed with this game as they have shown more videos? I watched a video of it nearly a year ago and just HAD to have this game when it came out. However, the newer videos have kind of lost my interest. Don't get me wrong, I will end up buying this game, but I can only feel a little disappointed. It almost looks like they completely changed the game design and story.

Why do you say that?

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
The question is: Who is waiting for Crysis and has a system that can actually run it decently?

I'm waiting for Crysis, but no system to run it on because I don't think it's going to run well on my P4 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 AIW 256MB.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy
The question is: Who is waiting for Crysis and has a system that can actually run it decently?
i think i have a good shot at it ... at the *worst*, i would need a 2nd 2900xt
... and i can also play at 12x9, 11x8 or 10x7 on my 19" CRT to keep max details - if necessary

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy

I'm waiting for Crysis, but no system to run it on because I don't think it's going to run well on my P4 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 AIW 256MB.

Decently? Not me... but word on the street is it will be fairly scalable. I'll be waiting to hear just how scalable it really is.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I recall I had to upgrade my vid card to make FarCry look and run OK. Hope I get away with just needing a vid card for Crysis too.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I have 2 gigs of RAM, a dual core A64 FX, and an EVGA 7900GTX.
Am pretty sure it wont run great on my system.
Will likely need the latest gen video card to be happy, and I'll be darned if I spend that much money just to play one game.

I'll probably wait 6 months or so and see whats going on with the 8800 series.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
My current pc (AMD Opteron 165, 2 gig ram, Radeon x1800xt-512mb version) may not be top end ...well...it wasn't exactly top end when I put it together last january..but it should be good enough to play the game..maybe. I do plan on upgrading the card this winter though if NV and ATI put out some good card then.

.oh...and I'm definitely buying Crysis. ITS MINE!

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I guess you could say I'm waiting. I'm certainly not hoping it doesn't come out. But I've heard that DX9 and DX10 players in MP will not be able to cross play; that DX9 servers will not have destructible environments. Grates me.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus
"Hey Joe, did you see something move over there?"

"Oh that's just the trees walking around again, don't worry about it"

:laugh:
Heh, that reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2. When you're hiding in a box and try to save, your girlfriend will sometimes grill you about how stupid it is to hide from enemy soldiers in a box. :D

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: aCynic2
I have a feeling, all this hype of Crysis is going to work against it in the end.

I think it will live up to the hype for most everyone

Jan 31, 2007
www.colesportfolio.com
Originally posted by: Duddy
First I have to wait on the $5,000 PC I need to run it.

When I get that, then I'll be all over that Crysis stuff!

You mean the $1900 computer cause thats all mine cost with the 8800 GTX overclocked and the new intel 3.0 dual core CPU. But I mean you could just pay dell 5000 to get the same thing.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/act...convert&om_clk=topslot

Posted Jul 26, 2007 9:02 am PT

Crytek president Cevat Yerli gives us an update on this impressive-looking PC shooter. Exclusive new trailer inside

At E3, we were running on a [GeForce] 8800 video card and a dual-core Intel [CPU]with 4 gigabytes of RAM at very high settings. Not the highest, though! Most of the time, it was running smoothly.

Yes, we [are] progressing very well on optimization, and we will achieve our goal. Two-to-three-year-old rigs will run Crysis well, with lower visual settings still competing with the best games of two-to-three years ago.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Noema
I'm eagerly awaiting it too. Let's hope it runs well in XP.

No worries, dude. Crytek wouldn't be so stupid as to make it Vista/DX10 only.

And yeah, I'm waitiing, waiting REAL good! :)

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Tentative release date is mid November, with a fat "COMING SOON" at the end of the latest trailer.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Yeah what happened to that Sept 11 release date? I swear pc games are the biggest case of fucking blue balls I've ever seen

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
QC problems from what I remember. I'd much rather them miss a release date or 3 than release a pile of steaming dung. ;) I'm still completely pissed at how Prey was handled.