Who here think driving is for fun

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
I drive 2 1/2 hour a day
Yes I enjoy it very much
it my 10th year so far since I was 17 :)
When I'm in the car it just feel great
and air smell so good too just make you wanna drive
more :)

convex

Banned
May 24, 2000
depends on why you're driving too and under what conditions. I spent way way too much on my truck because i like to take it through the mud. i could think of many different places i'd rather be when i'm sitting in traffic at 8 in the morning....

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Muerto

so your car is RC 1:00... Real Car 0-60 in a minute?

I dont think you should consider your car the equivalent of a Cyrix :)

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Gas prices aren't high! In 1980 it was 1.30 a gallon and now 20 years later it's 1.50 a gallon. 20 cents over 20 years with a vastly improved econemy isn't bad at all.

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Take this guys, one LITER of gas over here goes for more than TWO Deutschmarks. Purchasing power should equal about two $, man that sucks, especially in a country with no general speed limit driving is fun, but expensive.:(

Dooling37

Jun 7, 2000
I love driving, it's something I do all the time for fun, or stress relief, etc... I like to drive out on country roads that I've never been on an kind of 'explore.' Hehe, I'm a dork. ;)

I heard on the news that gas in England is the equivalent of $6/gal US, and over 90% of the price is taxes!!! That would piss me off to no end...actually that would be reason enough for me to move out of a country! ;)

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Driving is fun, especially with a manual transmission. You can keep the engine below 2500rpm, or keep it above 5000. :p The choice is yours. :) Just don't forget your Bangin Chunes when you go out! :D

Locutus of Board

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 1999
I have been driving for 13 years.

I don't find it fun unless the road is wide open.

I would find it fun if I had a monster truck, and were able to roll over the idiots. Especially the ones on the cellphone in their SUVs.

:p

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Trinitron,

Maybe I should clarify. I live in Canada where a gallon of 'cheap' gas is about $2 US (50 cents US a litre). It's not bad compared to other parts of the world but about 50% of the price of our gas is taxes. Locally (Vancouver, BC) the government is thinking of 'improving' out local transportation system (roads, buses & over priced 'Sky Train') with either an extra $75 on the car insurance, 5 cents extra gas tax, increase in poperty tax or a combination of all three.

Cheers,
Aquaman

MooCow

Oct 12, 1999
for the most part I love driving, I've got a 5 speed '83 toyota pickup with a 22R (2.4 liter inline 4) Not the best looking mode of
tranportation, but I get 23 mpg, and can even give a mustang a hard time. (not that I really stand a chance but they sure don't expect me to keep right with them off the line!) :)

Now just give me something big enough to run over the old fart in caddy's (well the ones that don't know how to drive the thing) and then the games begin!

Thorn

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Abso-friggin-lutely! ;) I love driving, hell I go out and drive just for fun in the evenings.

Here's a great game. Go outside early in the morning (about 7am) and pick a random direction. Then drive that way til 1PM (about half the day). Then drive back. You'd really be surprised where you end up. :) It's about 500 miles @85MPH. Some days I just go to the beach in NC (I live in TN) and hang out for the afternoon and swim, fish, etc. Total freedom and fun. That's what life really is guys, don't miss out on it.

3 good rules to live by:

1.) Never turn down a kiss from a beautiful woman.

2.) Try doing things that are "mildly illegal" every once in a while... simply for the rush (breaking into zoo's at night etc).

3.) Take off somewhere new for a little while (every once in a while), if for no other reason than to just remember that you do have wings.

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000
I love driving when there isn't a lot of traffic. With traffic, it $ucks.

$2 per gallon? Bah, gas prices were up to $2.50(US)/Gallon here in the midwest at one point. Ouch:Q

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
My car sucks but it better then nothing. :)
What I'm saying is that I can't whin about it no matter how crappy noisy and weak it is. :)
It a car that was handed down to me hehe
you see it a gift from god hehe so to speak
for these 10 year I been driving the same car that was given to me
I'm sure anyone can easily beat me on 1-60mph
it take about 45 sec for my car to hit 60mph
it that slow but some folk
are just not as fortunate
then again I think driving is so good it keep you in shape
well sorta hand feet and eye coordination heehee

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
I use to go out in the middle of the night and drive for about 3 hours
just turn on the music and I have a blast.
I called this adventerous.
Particularly no specific place to go just anywhere around the city
Just for the fun of it when there not too many car especially at night
you can really smell fresh air while driving.
Now you know what I am talking about.
Beat sitting down in your house and bumming around all day like a zombie.

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
My advice keep your eye on the speedometer at all time
Make sure not to go past 10 mile over the speed limit.
As cop are everywhere, when you think their not there
you're wrong and you be caught one day.
The risk of getting a ticket may ruin your fun
Remember driving for fun doesn't which doesn't involve speeding
It mean enjoy being on the road while following every traffic law
Never run any RED Light, especially when there a left turn signal
and it doesn't say turn on green only well it still apply
I tell you it happen to me before and make you feel really dumb
Got pulled over twice doing that, I'll never do it again.
If it say yeild on green then I guess it okay to turn when it safe to

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
driving owns :) inbetween classes last quarter I used to drive up and down PCH in either direction... up towards Huntington Beach, or down towards Laguna Beach or Dana Point... it's fun trying to count all the Porsche 911 Carrerra's, Ferrari F355 Spyders, and Lamborgini Diablos I used to see every day cruising on PCH with me :)