Who here plays Arma 3?

LCBradley3k

Jul 25, 2013
I was a huge fan of Arma 2 once it got so popular from Dayz that I discovered it. I guess it was good timing because Arma 3 came out pretty recently after the creation of Dayz.

So my question is, how many of you play Arma 3?
What are your favorite missions to play?

I personally like going in smaller servers and playing infrantry missions.

Here is a mission from last night which I was playing that made your bodies explode after you die, making teamwork extremly hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA6WwIGAEIA

So yeah, basically the questions above. :)

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I love Arma 3. I've put 40 hours in the beta so far, almost all exclusively in Wasteland on KoS #1 and #2.

One of these days I need to check out some other modes.

LCBradley3k

Jul 25, 2013
I love Arma 3. I've put 40 hours in the beta so far, almost all exclusively in Wasteland on KoS #1 and #2.

One of these days I need to check out some other modes.

I haven't been a huge fan of Wasteland mostly because it's a smaller map. Maybe when Atlis comes out I'll be more into it.

CAxVIPER

May 31, 2013
I've never played Arma until today. Someone traded me $40 in steam credits for another game so I figured i would pick it up. I would say 11 hours for the first day isn't too bad though. Can't say I have a favorite yet.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I play in a community (tier1ops.eu). Currently I have 155 hours played but that is in the Beta and I have thousands in the Alpha. We play coop highly organised, trained and highly modded game. We use ACRE for our radios and about 15 other mods that make the game more realistic/fun.

Played Arma 2 a lot as well, really love both games. As COD turned into modern guns based on the Quake concept I moved more and more towards realistic games until I ended up in the Arma series and have found a game progressing in the way I like.

LCBradley3k

Jul 25, 2013
I've never played Arma until today. Someone traded me $40 in steam credits for another game so I figured i would pick it up. I would say 11 hours for the first day isn't too bad though. Can't say I have a favorite yet.
It takes a little time to get use to because it is so different. I'm sure you'll learn to like it once you see how critical teamwork is and good planning.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i'm also looking forward to this, but am waiting for the game to come out before diving into it - im not really a beta guy.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Gave some thought to honestly trying this game out,never played any of the Arma games but damn do i hate buying games without at least getting some sort of a beta or demo to try it out first.

My eyes might be misleading me but i swear the beta in itself is for sell on their website?

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
My eyes might be misleading me but i swear the beta in itself is for sell on their website?

Alpha + Beta + Final was $29.99
Beta + Final is $39.99
Not sure what the final release price will be after beta ends.

The earlier you bought the game, the cheaper it was.

At beta release it was already a more polished experience than Arma II, so it is a nice opportunity for fans of the series to get the game early.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
for those of you who don't know, Arma is a realistic FPS military simulator.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
We have been playing it since the first day of alpha. Some content was missing but the community of modders soon changed that. We now have multiple maps, a whole host of useful tweaks and enhancements and are happily playing our style of game already. Beta or not we are treating it like its retail. Most of the content for the game comes from the community of mods and mission makers and not BIS and since most of the modding is well on the way there isn't really much reason to wait. Altis is about the only thing we are really missing right now, but we have other maps to use.

mrwindta

Jul 29, 2013
i think its a great game, my first time trying it after buying the arma 3 alpha. but i haven't touched it much since alpha because of the bugs etc...decided to wait until its finally released. The realism of it is great but i get bored because i don't actually have an objective in the game other than explore and try to fly a heli which is not easy. i have a decent rig, not the best, but i lag at a unplayable amount that made me wonder i bought the game at times.

Oct 9, 1999
got started in dayz arma 2. horrible optimization but loved the game/idea. picked up arma 3 beta. man it runs great on 2600k/670gtx but haven't played anything but one wasteland server(last night). love the open-world, just need to dabble in mods and see what's out there.

i'm really open to anything but prefer something with competition(ie. against other humans).

i'm all ears.

Oct 9, 1999
also, to those who play wasteland. how hard is it to find weapons? maybe i'm doing it wrong but are there certain spawn ares to find weapons besides the pistol you spawn with or are they scattered randomly?

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
also, to those who play wasteland. how hard is it to find weapons? maybe i'm doing it wrong but are there certain spawn ares to find weapons besides the pistol you spawn with or are they scattered randomly?

Depends on the server. There are a lot of custom versions of Wasteland.

It is pretty random but there will be guns inside buildings. Very few places will have guns that spawn outdoors. There are also gun stores where you can buy anything, as long as you have enough money from capping locations.

Also, check the inventory of any vehicles that you come across. They'll usually have some good stuff like scopes and suppressors.

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012
Been playing Arma since Operation Flaspoint back in 2000 or so. Haven't been playing as much recently because the lag gets extremely annoying and the AI are almost impossible hit due to how bad they warp.

Nemesis13

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2006
We have been playing it since the first day of alpha. Some content was missing but the community of modders soon changed that. We now have multiple maps, a whole host of useful tweaks and enhancements and are happily playing our style of game already. Beta or not we are treating it like its retail. Most of the content for the game comes from the community of mods and mission makers and not BIS and since most of the modding is well on the way there isn't really much reason to wait. Altis is about the only thing we are really missing right now, but we have other maps to use.

is Tier 1 still active when i played last i always do a quick filter for them and there was only 2 people in the server.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
for those of you who don't know, Arma is a realistic FPS military simulator.

also realistic door opener simulation.. I like the idea.. but binding 256 keys(exaggeration) to play the game is a bit excess.. there has to be a point where realistic and fun are blended.. or do you not still need a key bound to open doors? I will admit I have not tried III

no offence to those who do like it.... to many of the BF/COD simplified games.. I would like something in between

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
is Tier 1 still active when i played last i always do a quick filter for them and there was only 2 people in the server.

We are mostly a private group, we play custom missions on our passworded and highly modded game. The public server doesn't have ACRE (a radio mod that massively improves the game) so we find most of the membership doesn't want to play on the public server very much as the radio channels for von are still broken. But when we some members are organising a game its often full, its just we do that less now than when it was released as the private game has improved.

We run a public server mostly to find other people who want to play Arma the same way we do. We are a group that trains military tactics weekly and use them in every game, the average public game unfortunately just doesn't have the elements we enjoy (the mods, the training and the level of cooperation).

But we are highly active, we have never been busier and have a backlog of applicants which we are having to maintain as we don't want to ever split our main game up. Arma 3 is a vastly better game than Arma 2 and our ranks have grown considerably since it came out. So yes we are extremely active and building our own maps, mods and missions alongside our training and playing of the game.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
also realistic door opener simulation.. I like the idea.. but binding 256 keys(exaggeration) to play the game is a bit excess.. there has to be a point where realistic and fun are blended.. or do you not still need a key bound to open doors? I will admit I have not tried III

no offence to those who do like it.... to many of the BF/COD simplified games.. I would like something in between

i'll grant you that, but arma isn't a twitch game - its a strategy game, in first person. you do have more complicated controls, but some advantages - for those who want them. the multiple crouch positions, shooting from your gun (and not your eyes), realistic speed, real guns and not toy guns, and so on.

ruhtraeel

Jul 16, 2013
ARMA 3 is really rewarding, but there are things that I wish were changed. For example, I would like to be able to switch weapons without stopping my movement.