Who here is homophobic?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: SWScorch
Well, let's just see.... For prom I wanted to wear a pink shirt. When my gf said no, I said I wanted purple then. I happen to like the color pink (although usually when a woman is wearing it ;))

My best friend and I dressed up in the "Dumb and Dumber" tuxes, I got stuck with the light blue. Our girls refused to dance with us, so we danced with each other, cane twirling and everything. Great time. I also have a pink shirt that I wear from time to time, the ladies find it to be part of my "attractive attire." Of course, I don't wear it so much anymore because my TI likes to make fun of me. He already melted my earing into a paperclip.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I don't see anything wrong a guy getting a manicure if he happens to be in a business where he needs to show his hands a lot.

Wearing a pink shirt, though.... Hmm. That's stretching it. Ditto for anyone who knows the actor names of the entire cast for more than one Broadway show :)

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
I am a homophobe i guess. It just freaks me out after seeing this one guy pretty much try to molest my friends dad (and eventually did). I couldnt ever see myself having a gay friend. I think the point of having a male friend is that you can hang out together and have zero sexual tension. If I had a gay friend there would always be this thing in my head that tells me that he may be attracted to me. That would just fvck things up.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
I don't see anything wrong a guy getting a manicure if he happens to be in a business where he needs to show his hands a lot.

Wearing a pink shirt, though.... Hmm. That's stretching it. Ditto for anyone who knows the actor names of the entire cast for more than one Broadway show :)

how bout "knows the name of ANYONE who's in a Broadway show" period.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3

What about that handsome Nathan Lane?

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Xionide
I am a homophobe i guess. It just freaks me out after seeing this one guy pretty much try to molest my friends dad (and eventually did). I couldnt ever see myself having a gay friend. I think the point of having a male friend is that you can hang out together and have zero sexual tension. If I had a gay friend there would always be this thing in my head that tells me that he may be attracted to me. That would just fvck things up.

Nah. I have a gay friend, and I made it clear that if he so much as looked at me wrong I would personally castrate him with a rusty Ka-Bar so he wouldn't have those feelings again. So everythings cool, zero sexual tension, though he doesn't oft look me in the eyes when I talk to him.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001

Nah, I live in New York. It would be considered weird if you haven't heard of at least a few Broadway actors around here, because they're advertised all the time.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Xionide

You should be flattered anyone is attracted to you.

Feb 10, 2000
IMO, men who are afraid of gay men, or who feel a need to constantly express their hatred of gays, are nearly always insecure in their own sexuality.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
i am 'ok' with gays (male gays that is)..although my wife always calls me a homophobic :)

We're often downtown Chicago in the 'gayest' of all areas tehre (either Halstedt or Anderssonville)...and sometimes you just cant HELP than chuckle over the guys you see there.....picture the typical 'movie' gay leather-freak in village people cop-outfit - exactly these people are running around there :)

The funny thing is that we have a gay girls couple as friends...and i always laugh because these two (gay) girls cant stand most of the male gays in the Chicago Halstedt area at all...some just act 'too gay'...and they seem to be pretty annoyed and there's always fun and jokes going on about how some of them act :)

SilentZero

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
I don't dislike gays nor am I afraid of them. I don't approve of it, but that doesn't mean I hate.

After all I am a lesbian at heart. :)

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I don't fear or hate gays. But two dudes getting it on is pretty disgusting. I was driving in SF the other day on a one lane street, and all of the sudden the car in front of me stops, and these two dudes start kissing each other good bye, and I can't get around them. I don't think I needed to see that. So if you are gay, fine, but keep PDA's to a minimum. Also, I like saying "that's so gay" when I don't like something, but it's just a saying, not something I attach a lot of meaning to, but I know it comes off different to gays. So I guess gay people might think I am homophobic, but I don't really fear or hate them. It's like when you see some freak on the street, and you think they are pretty fvcked up, but not something to fear or hate, just kinda weird.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
I don't care. What two consenting adults do in their own bedroom really doesn't concern me. I can't understand why it would concern other people. *shrugs*

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I voted no, because I'm gay. Although I've met some scary guys in my day.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I have a good friend who's gay, and despite the fact that he's bigger and stronger than me and could probably kick my ass, he's not scary at all. Oh, and we've seen each other naked (In the locker room, you damn perverts), and it's not a big deal.

Just because he's gay doesn't really mean much. Hell, he's 22 and he's never so much as kissed another guy, despite being attracted to them. He's the least sexually experienced person I know.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nope, not at all.

TEH NOES!! The gays are comming!

And.... THEY'RE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!111oneonetwo :Q

rolleye.gif

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: ultimatebob I don't see anything wrong a guy getting a manicure if he happens to be in a business where he needs to show his hands a lot. Wearing a pink shirt, though.... Hmm. That's stretching it. Ditto for anyone who knows the actor names of the entire cast for more than one Broadway show :)

No, thats a sign of someone whos never had a girlfriend ;)

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
I have a light pink dress shirt that I wear occasionally to work with a tie. The guys at work used to poke fun at me but then they saw how much the attractive ladies in the office liked it and they shut their pie hole.

Like notfred, I also have showered in a locker room with teh gays. We even had a couple on the wrestling team back in the day. It was no big deal. During practice matches I would wedge my fingers in their crack to gain an advantage just like I would the straight guys :D

I am 100% not attracted to men. I think that's what allows me to be so indifferent around teh hom0z0rS. It's my belief that people who are uncomfortable around gay people are not secure in their OWN sexual orientation.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
They don't bother me.

Oh, and by the way, a pink shirt does look somewhat gay, but I said that in the other thread, and that's as much as me being the messenger for the general populous as for myself. A friend of mine wore a pink shirt and though his wife and some other woman thought he looked good, he was getting ribbed pretty bad because of it by some other guys.
Anybody who answered "Hell no", "pink shirt, you look gay", or "anybody who doesn't like cars is gay" in the "Are you a metrosexual?" thread should answer yes to this question.
I disagree. I am not intimidated by gays, nor do I feel uncomfortable around them. I think they should have equal rights, including marriage, and that people need to grow up and get over it. It will not change the fact that a metrosexual comes off as more gay than a non-metrosexual to me, and to many other guys.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
a little. some of me escapes rational mind. i can watch queer as folk, but i'd rather not watch the makeout scenes. lesbians on the other hand.....

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
One of the Gastroenterology residents I worked with is openly gay & I've been to him.

Gotta admit it was a little odd, but he's a hell of a proctologist.:eek: