Who here is going to watch 'Terrifier 2" in theaters?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

He's no Pennywise, but Art The Clown is still pretty good.

I'll have to either watch it alone in the theaters (not cool) or just wait for it to hit the rental market. Nobody in my family or any friends don't like gory evil clown movies for some strange reason. ;)

damien-leone-ramped-up-the-gore-in-terrifier-2-to-please-fans-1665799382.jpg

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Sorry but I'll have to take a pass..... hope you enjoy it though! ;)

(I won't even go to a movie theater for AAA titles anymore!)

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I won't be seeing this but I read the other day that the film was so gory it made people nauseous to the point of throwing up and stuff. No thanks.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I watched the first one with my brother when it was new. He loved it and hyped it up so he watched it again with me. I thought it was just okay. It was just too low budget really for me. He was actually the clown for halloween that year lol.

He said he heard the second one was getting well received aside from the length being too long.

I don't think we'll see it in the theatre but we'll watch it when we can watch it in my home theater.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Good news then.

It is available to be rented (for free! w/ads) on Amazon via Freevee :)

https://www.amazon.com/Terrifier-Catherine-Corcoran/dp/B079LVGTM4

bh187-terrifier.gif
Just saw the tasty bits of it on Amazon, thanks. Its OK for what it is but I am so jaded that these things don't freak me out any more. I wanna be freaked out./Grossed out like when I was 14 and saw the movie "Maniac" (1980 version) in the theater. Man, that movie freaked me out. I thought it was a snuff film until I realized the killer was the loan shark from Rocky!

• Haha
Reactions: UsandThem

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Just saw the tasty bits of it on Amazon, thanks. Its OK for what it is but I am so jaded that these things don't freak me out any more. I wanna be freaked out./Grossed out like when I was 14 and saw the movie "Maniac" (1980 version) in the theater. Man, that movie freaked me out. I thought it was a snuff film until I realized the killer was the loan shark from Rocky!
Yeah, nothing I watch scares me like it did when I was a kid with a wild imagination. My parents let me watch Phantasm on video tape when I was like 6 years old, and I was scared as hell of the dark for like a month. :oops:

However, a well done horror movie can still get the heart rate up a bit for an old dude.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yeah, nothing I watch scares me like it did when I was a kid with a wild imagination. My parents let me watch Phantasm on video tape when I was like 6 years old, and I was scared as hell of the dark for like a month. :oops:

However, a well done horror movie can still get the heart rate up a bit for an old dude.
Poltergeist fucked me up at around the same age, pretty sure I saw Phantasm too. Oh, and Nightmare on Elm Street a year or so later.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The last time a movie REALLY scared me was when I was a really little kid and watched the original TV movie "Don't be afraid of the dark" with my older cousins. (after mom wisely said no way lol) Gave me nightmares!

Even the Exorcist didn't scare me nearly as much a few years later and these days nothing in any fictional movie can get more than a passing "jump-startle" out of me. I'm much more likely to find the "scary" parts laughable. (too much IRL scary stuff will do that!)

"Horror" movies today are often disgustingly gory and FULL of the aforementioned mindless jump-scares but scary? Pfffft.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Yeah, the jump scare tactic used in almost every new horror movie is boring.

The best horror movies don't have to resort to that sort of thing, as they naturally take a viewer out of their comfort zone.

I didn't have cable for most of my life when we were young because we were poor, but every now and then my parents would ship us off to our grandmother's house for a weekend, and she had cable. Her house was old and creepy AF, and my brother and I would watch Tales From The Darkside on TV, and that intro music late at night in a creepy house kind of had me not sleeping too well that night.

The actual stories were usually not scary at all, but that damn intro theme. :p

Reactions: Captante
Mar 11, 2004
OP, you know that the character started in All Hallows Eve, right? Its free to watch on Tubi right now (as is Terrifier). They were solid horror movies if I remember right. Not good enough for me to go watch a sequel in theaters but I'll probably watch it on streaming whenever it ends up there.