• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Who here is a huge fan of The Witcher 2?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
I finished witcher 2 EE on 1 side. So far I give it a 4.5/5. Too bad I can't replay with the gear I worked hard getting up and ready lol.

best 10 bucks :p

gladiatorua

Nov 21, 2011
WARNING: Translation is not particularly good and I doubt the original interview is as rage-worthy.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-06-ever-wondered-what-the-author-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games
Andrzej Sapkowski does not consider Witcher games canon in his universe. He writes another book and doesn't want to take games' plot into consideration.
It's not a big deal, because in books Geralt died and never came back, so unless he kills off major characters, nothing will change and stories will fit together.

Currently reading Witcher saga. CDPR captured the feel of the world perfectly. But the plot of the first game was too ripped-off from books, so if author is bitter it's very understandable.
Telepathically sending my thoughts into HBO's people heads, so that they buy the rights and make Witcher series.

ASK THE COMMUNITY