Who here hasn't played Call of duty 4 Singleplayer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
A lot of very interesting plot work to it, with some unforgettable scenes. Unfortunately, the rest of the game is little more then spawn city.

Mandin62

Mar 24, 2007
Amazing game. so intense in parts. i cant wait for the next infinity ward COD game. they really know how to make an engaging and exciting SP game. The SP mission in the bog area was so crazy. absolutely loved the SP. If you havent played it you are truly missing one of the best FPS SP ever.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I liked the SP for CoD1 and 2, the MP for those games was even better. I played a little bit of CoD4 and it sucked. I quit after the mission where you raid the TV station and the generic black soldier (in a sleeveless uniform) turns on the radio and says something along the lines of "Awww yeeeeaah, ooooraaaah". That did it for me, never touched the SP again and went right into the MP. Didn't like the MP nearly as much as the first 2 games either, sold it.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Now that I've finished the SP, I started playing the Arcade Mode. Just a mission at a time, but I'm enjoying it.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
I played it on both PC and 360.

I thought it was stellar, but woefully (almost inexcusably) short.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
havent played it, not gonna play it. i havent played an FPS since Quake 3: Arena.

and an FPS cant be the "best game ever" because by definition its infirior to RPGs, with the exception of HL2.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Crysis had a better single player campaign in my opinion. It forced me to think and explore more. However, I ultimately enjoyed both SP campaigns.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Haven't played it and doubt I will. I played MOH:AA and CoD1 years ago. That was enough of the wartime shooters for me. CoD1 I barely finished I was so bored with it.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Borealis7
and an FPS cant be the "best game ever" because by definition its infirior to RPGs, with the exception of HL2.

by definition? whose definition? what are you smoking and where can I get some?

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
I just bought it for a lan last weekend, i will play sometime working on final fantasy x now

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
I plan on buying it when it gets down to $20-30. I did buy Crysis and that was a big disappointment. Playing Stalker right now.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Jeeebus

here is the definition:

FPS - use your motor skills with a mouse and keyboard to run around and shoot things, in more sophisticated games you can hide behind a wall, or give commands to squadmates.

RPGs - use your brain to make decisions, strategize and prepare for upcoming events, solve puzzles, character customization, party managment in some cases and go around and kill things!

you know what, maybe FPSs arent infirior to RPGs in every sense, but they are certainly infirior to Space Combat sims.

now be a darling and pass the salt.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Jeeebus

here is the definition:

FPS - use your motor skills with a mouse and keyboard to run around and shoot things, in more sophisticated games you can hide behind a wall, or give commands to squadmates.

RPGs - use your brain to make decisions, strategize and prepare for upcoming events, solve puzzles, character customization, party managment in some cases and go around and kill things!

you know what, maybe FPSs arent infirior to RPGs in every sense, but they are certainly infirior to Space Combat sims.

now be a darling and pass the salt.

I would respond, but I'm not sure your inferior mind would understand.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
oh shut it, not everyone on this board is a native english speaker.
there is a world outside the US you know.

kef7

Diamond Member
May 11, 2001
I haven't played it yet but am looking forward to doing so.

2007 was just too busy of a year; with the birth of my first child limiting my time I only played the following:
Bioshock
HL2
Portal
Stalker

I have yet to play:
COD4
Crysis
Shivering Isles
Mask of the Betrayer
Gears of War
Witcher

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
I played it, and quite enjoyed it. Thought it was a bit short, but no shorter than other games in the last while, with the added benefit of MP.

I loved the flashback part of the game too ... especially since I played STALKER previously, and enjoyed seeing the same architecture again :p