Who here can sing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I get asked to sing in church pretty often but I don't look for opportunities. Can't read music, don't know the difference between alto and tenor, but I'm good at hitting the right notes once I have memorized the song, for what that's worth.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
I sing in the shower and in the car, and sometimes in both instances, when there are other people present.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
My wife and children claim that I am the worst singer they have ever heard. And, if you could only see the cringing on their faces, you would probably agree.

I couldn't be that bad, could I?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Karaoke junkie, but I have been told quite often that I'm good. By strangers, not just my mom. :p

I'd like to find a group to sing for, but singers are a dime a dozen, and everybody thinks they can do it. (see: American Idol) One of these days when my life settles down I'm going to pick up a guitar (I studied classical violin for 6 years as a kid, I'm sure I can handle rhythm guitar) and see about putting together my own group. I'd love to lead a blues group. If anybody has seen Mick Sterling perform, that's the kind of act I'd like to play for. Just a local band playing a gig or two a week. My wife will just have to learn to live with a husband who has groupies. ;)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: 5to1baby1in5
Needs an "I have a voice that can steralize frogs at 300 feet" entry. Then I could vote.

You just stay away from me, buddy!

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
deaf people can sing? i didn't know.

i kid, i kid. i can sing in sign language if you count. :D

edit: yes, i am deaf and i play piano. :)

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I have a good voice and decent vocal range. I sing in Christian Contemporary Jam Sessions here at college with some friends (Like 10 people). I am working on everything vocally though as I still have some control problems, but its coming along.

(Baritones Bass: Range from Bass to 3rd Tenor (When no 3rd Tenor only to Baritone).

I also set up the sound equipment for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, and help with setup for vtONE (All Virginia Tech Campus Ministries come together once a semester). While the former has a pretty easy setup, the latter has multiple amp racks (I think the max draw on one amp rack was somewhere around 12kW), multiple soundboards, lighting etc...

I'm learning to play Guitar, used to be able to play Piano (Probably not so much anymore).

-Kevin

Edit: Oh and I would like to learn how to play the drums

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
I don't know if I can type this correctly while I laugh my ass off at Quasmo's Rossman song...I really enjoy singing, I sang in an a cappella group at Michigan...but it's just something I enjoy, I'd never purport to being good enough to make money from it. Well, other than at karaoke when women throw underwear and dollar bills at me, but that's a different story...:p

His voice is beautiful, don't you agree?

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...id=38&threadid=2090527

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
I used to sing in a chamber choir for school, and we were always asked to sign at local events. We certainly weren't "professional," but we made the school some money.