Who has the most skeletons in his/her closet?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Of the 4 major candidates, who do you think has the most skeletons in his/her closet (revealed or unrevealed, doesn't matter).

Fred Thompson
Rudy Giuliani
Hillary Clinton
Barrack Obama

I voted Hillary, but most of her skeletons have already become public.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
I vote Giuliani - he's got how many marriages to dig up dirt with?

Clinton probably has the least - people have been looking for years.

Thompson and Obama in the middle.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Thompson actually DOES have some good skeletons although so far he seems to be keeping them less in the limelight than some other candidates. Obama don't really have much since hes so new to politics anyways, but at the same time he doesn't have any real experience either, so it kinda balances out.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Every politician has skeletons. Rudy and Hillary are full of 'em, though if the actual number is of concern, Hillary wins far and away in that department.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Rudy and Hilldog definitely have the most.

Obama's big skeleton is he used to go by Barry Obama... not terribly incriminating, just funny.

and yes, the Hilldog reference is from South Park.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I think Rudy G with Swillary as a close second. Nice to see the poll is split between them. Obama and Thompson are comparitively clear, I bet.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
No offense, but I think it's a terribly wrong prioritization to pay that much attention to skeletons, rather than agenda. Who are their allies/donors? What are their expected policies?

Skeletons have some point, but give me a candidate with the right agenda and a lot of skeletons over a squeaky clean candidate with the wrong agenda any time.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I think Rudy G with Swillary as a close second. Nice to see the poll is split between them. Obama and Thompson are comparitively clear, I bet.

I agree in general, but the watergate fiasco will be drummed up again if Thompson starts commanding serious attention.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Obama definitely has the least skeletons. A future political thinker who burst on the scene from nowhere and a rising democratic star. Running perhaps too early but his candidacy is somewhat mandated by the troubled times. And many like myself are now troubled by some of Obama's views as he has defined himself.

As for Hillary, even if she does not have any real skeletons, you will never convince too many nay sayers who would not accept an affidavit signed by God himself attesting that many of the skeletons are made up from thin air by paid Republican conspiracy theory mongers. And the perception is out there, that just one more scandal will finally finish her. Just as we libs have a similar view of GWB&co. The already convinced are always waiting for the great unwashed masses, wallowing in ignorance, to finally come around.

To many like my self, the perception that Giuliani is nothing but a 23.99 carat phony dominates. And who needs skeletons when you have a live Bernie Kerik on your shoulder?
I find it very sad that the GOP could not have come up with a better representative of more centrist GOP views.

Thompson is a little more complex. The fact that he was a Nixon mole during watergate does not attest to honest character. But the honest naivety to believe Nixon was honest
does show some Pollyannia leanings toward personal honestly as an ideal. Of course for those that lean to the center or the left of center in political views, Thompson's positions are repugnant, which hence qualifies him as a Republican nominee contender in a crowded field, and like Obama, lack of executive experience will be a mixed bag.

Like Diogenies* still searching for that honest person** after 3000 years of futility, we voters are similarly searching for a chimera.

* I note Diogenes was a sexist in searching for the only the honest MAN. More modern views can now double the futile search size by including women.

**In respect of the female gender I used the word person instead of the more generic man.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
What are Ms Clinton's skeletons?
Before and during the Clinton adminstration, he and Ms Clinton were more throughly investigated than anyone in my memory. If there was anything there it would have come out eight years ago.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
Before and during the Clinton adminstration, he and Ms Clinton were more throughly investigated than anyone in my memory. If there was anything there it would have come out eight years ago.

We could begin with the 365 FBI files of Republican Congressmen which Hillary had...

The list is really endless. We could bring a new one up every day and still not run out by Election Day 2008.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster

We could begin with the 365 FBI files of Republican Congressmen which Hillary had...

The list is really endless. We could bring a new one up every day and still not run out by Election Day 2008.

Link please.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

Yep. All aboard the Stop Swillary Express!!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: alchemize
Of the 4 major candidates, who do you think has the most skeletons in his/her closet (revealed or unrevealed, doesn't matter).

Fred Thompson
Rudy Giuliani
Hillary Clinton
Barrack Obama

I voted Hillary, but most of her skeletons have already become public.

If they are public, they are no longer in the closet. The one with most in his closet is Rudy

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
I vote Giuliani - he's got how many marriages to dig up dirt with?

Clinton probably has the least - people have been looking for years.

Thompson and Obama in the middle.

Damm first post and what I was thinking.

Giuliani is a nightmare and I hope the republicans put him up. Will make great jokes on SNL, letterman, etc...

Clinton has been run through so many times the best they can come up with is someone in her group planted questions, she did not tip at a diner, etc... and yes those were front page stories at Faux web site.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Giuliani has the skeletons of Guantanamo detainees in his closet. The actual skeletons.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Sinsear

Yep. All aboard the Stop Swillary Express!!

Starring you and Pabster...which one's the caboose?

edit-oh, yeah...both.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: feralkid
Starring you and Pabster...which one's the caboose?

edit-oh, yeah...both.

I always put the troll on the caboose. Welcome aboard! :laugh:

Feb 10, 2000
In order:

1) Giuliani
2) Clinton
3) Thompson
4) Obama

BTW, "Swillary" is one of the worst, least clever derogatory nicknames I've ever heard of - there's just no ring to it. At least "Slick Willie" kind of rolled off the tongue. I think part of the problem the right has, in its vitriolic condemnation of liberals, is that there are so few conservative people in the creative arts that you're left with witless blowhards like Rush to come up with these nicknames.