Who had the most influence in winning the World War II ?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

absolutiza

Jul 29, 2001
are you people really that stoopid? seriously, who the hell do you think dropped the bomb, "turned the tide of war", etc.? how can you even think about taking a question like this seriously when the answer is obvious?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
What about ASDIC or SONAR? U-boats were unstoppable until these innovations and useless afterwards....
What about the Maginot Line which forced German to rethink tactics and create a new style of warfare...
What about Neville Chamberlain who may have prevented the war altogether if he wasn't such a pussy...

As I said about three posts into this thread, it is a pointless stupid question...

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
The british kept the war all alone for about one year (or almost alone).
And the most important thing looks to be the russian winter :)

Calin

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Second choice: Oppenheimer

I would list this as first, followed by:

Fat Man and Little Boy

rolleye.gif

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< The british kept the war all alone for about one year (or almost alone). >>

The ONLY reason they were able to do that is because Hitler had no effective amphibious invasion capabilities.

Had Hitler had the hardware to get accross the channel and mount a full scale invasion, England would have been toast.

cybergrave

Banned
May 8, 2001
RUSSIA defeated the GERMANS
Americans defeated the JAPANESE.

British just looted Americans.
A lot of dumb Americans died in war. US economy boosted. My grand parents made millions out of the war. And I repeat dumb Americans sacrificed their lives for no gain to them. Gain came to my family who made $$$$$ and we did it without losing any family members.

I REPEAT AND ONCE AND ALL former USSR or Present RUSSIA has the most important role in defeating Gemany and WW II.

But those ATOMIC Bombs on CIVILIANS are good examples of US Role in WWII.