Who else is going to go pick up their WoW expansion at midnight?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The store I went to had 6 collectors editions I was 7th in line...

jiwq

Platinum Member
May 24, 2001
Sunnyvale fry's had tons of them. There was enough for everybody in line, so people were able to pick up multiple copies.

marleymarl

Oct 5, 2001
You do realize, if you already have the game installed you dont need to install anything from the cd's. its already been delivered via patches over the last few months. Just goto Blizzards account upgrade page, enter in your new exp. serial number and log on and play. No need to install the dics's.

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
Originally posted by: marleymarl
You do realize, if you already have the game installed you dont need to install anything from the cd's. its already been delivered via patches over the last few months. Just goto Blizzards account upgrade page, enter in your new exp. serial number and log on and play. No need to install the dics's.

Are you sure about that?

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Really? I don't think that's what the BC FAQ said. I'm pretty sure it said there is some content on the discs that were not delivered via the patches.

supaidaaman

Nov 17, 2005
i picked up my copy at around 12:30 and played right through to 7:30 in the morning. I didnt even bother installing from the CD's I just copied the contents and ran it off the harddrive...much faster and little hassle.

made it to 61!!! made about 200g! this expack is amazing!!

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
im tempted to buy one and burn it in front of the store. :evil:
i was also tempted to do the same thing when a hotdog cart on campus was selling burned copies of the documentary 'Loose Change'... joked around about buying one and snapping the disc in shards with a ROTC buddy.. then decided i shouldn't. ;)

Cutterhead

Jul 13, 2005
I didn't pre-order, just picked mine up on my lunch break today. No lines, in fact, I was the only one in the Gamestop when I went in. The guy told me they had already sold about 300 copies by that point though :shocked:

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999

Wrong!!! My brother pick my up and updated my account with the key but didn't update my computer and I was unable to play it this morning. Said I need to install the BC.

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Originally posted by: Scouzer
Originally posted by: jiwq
I went to Fry's and picked up a few copies :eek:
Text

wtf?

:Q obsessed??? did i count 9???

no, just being a capitalist. he's going to ebay them most likely

Fixed.

Which he will lose money since most auctions failed to meet retail price?

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: crystal
Text

wtf?

Fixed.

He very well might. What exactly does that have to do with my statement? :confused:

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: crystal
Text

wtf?

Fixed.

He very well might. What exactly does that have to do with my statement? :confused:

More points to it? :confused: on how you could take what we said as a dispute to what you said.