Who Do You Think Will Win New Hampshire?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who Do You Think Will Win New Hampshire?

• Romney

• not Romney

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Christie would be a terrible pick all-around.

he's got personality, but that would only serve to highlight Romney's lack thereof.

I couldn't see him carrying NJ or bringing many independents over to the GOP.

Romney/Perry makes a lot of sense in my head, though.

I would hope that Romney would be smart enough to not make the same mistake that McCain did.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I think the problem Romney has is that the nutty base of the Republicans is large, and while it's split among a number of competitors, as soon as it isn't he loses.

Polls have long shown that 'undecided and want a different candidate' are #1 ahead of any of these candidates, and the 'not Romeny' candidate has always beat Romney.

If Romney doesn't win over these voters, what does he do if suddenly there's one alternative - whether a Santorum or a Gingrich?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I think the problem Romney has is that the nutty base of the Republicans is large, and while it's split among a number of competitors, as soon as it isn't he loses.

Polls have long shown that 'undecided and want a different candidate' are #1 ahead of any of these candidates, and the 'not Romeny' candidate has always beat Romney.

If Romney doesn't win over these voters, what does he do if suddenly there's one alternative - whether a Santorum or a Gingrich?

See 1984 presidential election, and replace Regan with Obama.

TalonStrike

Nov 5, 2010
The current results:

Mitt Romney: 36%
Ron Paul: 25%
Jon Huntsman: 15%

with 6% reporting

lol 21 people voted for Michelle Bachmann.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
And this is why I kept saying "iOwa doesn't matter"...
iOwa should NEVER be allowed to keep their 1st place slot.
#1. Their right wing fundies voters are totally out of touch with even their own party.
(In the past they voted both Hunkabee and Pat Roberson first place)
#2. iOwa republican voters are frickin nutz.
#3. The caucus system is totally frickin nuts.

If republicans want to be more competitive , drop iOwa.
iOwa should be down there in 25th place when it comes to having a say in the matter.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
#1. Their right wing fundies voters are totally out of touch with even their own party.

iOwa should be down there in 25th place when it comes to having a say in the matter.

wtf does that mean? :confused:

I agree with you, though... I couldn't tell you the last time the Iowa caucus nominated the best possible candidate from either party.

maybe when "uncommitted" won in 72/76 ;)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
wtf does that mean? :confused:
It means Sportage has a chip on his shoulder about Iowa, so he tosses out infantile insults every chance he gets. No idea what his problem is. Maybe got a speeding ticket on his way through here, or maybe he lost a girlfriend to a guy from Iowa. Whatever the case, he's consistently and completely unhinged whenever the state is mentioned.

I agree with you, though... I couldn't tell you the last time the Iowa caucus nominated the best possible candidate from either party.

maybe when "uncommitted" won in 72/76 ;)
Who was the "best possible candidate" the Republicans ran in Iowa? As Don Vito so elegantly put it, the Republican slate this year was the Island of Misfit Toys. You do realize Iowans aren't going to vote for Mr. Perfect if Mr. Perfect isn't running, right?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011

I have to laugh at this post considering this year Iowa single-handedly defeated Bachmann and I am proud as hell of it. The first caucuses and primaries serve as a filter to see who keeps getting the money. They may not decide the end result and I don't think that is their function.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I have to laugh at this post considering this year Iowa single-handedly defeated Bachmann and I am proud as hell of it. The first caucuses and primaries serve as a filter to see who keeps getting the money. They may not decide the end result and I don't think that is their function.

I agree with Mr. Tannen on this one.

So long, Shelly...

michele-bachmann-corndog.jpg

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Bachmann never had a chance, and the results probably wouldn't have been different unless the first primary was held in, like, Montana.