Who do I start this week in FF - WITH POLL

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
I'm leaning toward Lamont Jordan because of the match-up and because LJ was so ineffective last week against Houston.

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
Did you see what Chicago's D did to LT last week?? Couple that with what LJ did in week one, and the fact that Herm said he wasn't gonna run him a lot...and then actually stuck by his word(with one of the worst QBs in the league). I would start LaMont and not look back.

Erm. Oakland is playing Denver not buffalo btw. That means Lamont will have a tough time against a good Denver D, but at least it aint Chicago.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: tHa ShIzNiT
Did you see what Chicago's D did to LT last week?? Couple that with what LJ did in week one, and the fact that Herm said he wasn't gonna run him a lot...and then actually stuck by his word(with one of the worst QBs in the league). I would start LaMont and not look back.

Erm. Oakland is playing Denver not buffalo btw. That means Lamont will have a tough time against a good Denver D, but at least it aint Chicago.

Thanks for the correction. I looked too quickly at the fantasy line-up.

Playing Denver makes a difference because they have a much better D than Buffalo.

Even with that I am still inclined to go with Jordan.

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
The KC Chiefs are on a sinking ship. So much so that I go out of my way to add players on my fantasy team who are playing against them. Same goes for Cleveland right now, you need to start any player who's playing against Cleveland, because that team just looks like they have given up on the game of football. These 2 teams are a true example of a pushover, and whoever plays them is gonna get yards.

EDIT: Gonna have to add ATL to that list also. They have already given up on this season. I am starting Gerard this week based solely on the fact that he's playing ATL.

ognabor

Jun 6, 2007
Jordan will have a field day compared to what Johnson is gonna get from the Chicago defense.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
Originally posted by: Garet Jax
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
we dont careeeeeeeeeeeee about your ff team.

Thanks for showing support of my thread and bumping it to the top....

no problem, a few posts does not matter ... it will drop shortly :)

+1 ;)

Make sure to vote on the way through please.

laurenlex

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2004
Both matchups suck. I voted Jordan at DEN.

Since this seems like it will be bumped many times, do I start:

Clintin Portis (WAS) @ PHI
or
Adrian Peterson(MIN) @ DET

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: laurenlex

or

I'm gonna go with Peterson against a BAD Detroit defense that almost allowed Oakland to win a game last week. However, they both could feasibly have good games.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
well, since the bears have lost dvoracek & brown, there's no telling.
i imagine they'll still be strong against the run, but losing those 2 certainly wont help.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: laurenlex

or

Sep 14 Peterson could get the bulk of carries against Detroit this weekend and even possibly start with Chester Taylor limited all week due to a strained oblique muscle.

Recommendation: The Vikings haven't yet ruled out Taylor from playing this weekend, so it's not a guarantee at this point he'll start the game and/or get all the touches. However, he has a great matchup this week against Detroit and should get the bulk of carries even if Taylor does play.

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Here's one for ya:

Larry Johnson vs Chicago Def
OR
Thomas Jones vs Baltimore Def

I think either way I'm screwed.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: weirdichi
Here's one for ya:

Larry Johnson vs Chicago Def
OR
Thomas Jones vs Baltimore Def

I think either way I'm screwed.

TJ - hands down

Baltimore had a lot of injuries and KC got 3 points against Houston.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Jordan, no doubt. KC is HORRIBLE and against the Bears D? Yeah...i'd go with Jordan and be happy with my choice.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
I think LJ may surprise the Bears...just a gut feeling.

It's easy to have those gut feelings when you don't have to risk your FF week on them...

:)

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: fallenangel99
I would start Jordan, I can't believe I'm saying to bench LJ, but KC is just horrible so far.

No kidding - hence the need for the thread.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
If Lynch can put up a nearly 5 yard average against Denver with Buffalo's line, then I'd say definitely go with Jordan.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
argh, I have larry johnson on my team as well, wondering if I should put him on the block and pick up a WR and TE.