who are these p2p-community people

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
People who use p2p programs, I guess... stuff like Kazaa, Emule, etc. Such things are popular, and hence a team for people who use such programs is popular. Of course, using emule or kazaa or bittorrent or whatever doesn't mean one can't be in TeAm AnandTech instead of this p2p team. ;)

trevinom

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
You know, I was thinking this same thing. Could it be that some version of that program that was being used by one of the other team's member, that installed itself without the users consent, could be making the rounds in the p2p community? I just can't help wondering...

scoser

Feb 1, 2004
I've heard of situations before where viruses have included D.net or SETI installs as their payloads instead of rootkits or other malware. And since the general public loves p2p filesharing and a majority don't have extensive computer knowledge, it's not outside the realm of possibility that your scenario could occur.

But more likely, it's a group of people that just love filesharing and have access to a ton of computers.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I was thinking it was something intergrated into a P2P program that crunched F@H while you left ur PC idle for other people to download ur stuff.