White House Press Secretary = why do people even want this job?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Personally, I think Scott McClellan spews more double-talk than Fleischer did. (It's close though). But in all fairness, he has a job that no sane person could ever want. It seems like all the press tries to do is to get him to say something negative about Bush...and he does his darndest not to. Take a look at this one.

Half the time I feel sorry for them, the rest of the time I scream "Answer the damn question!" :D

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
Probably for the shear joy of making those in the Press corp rip there hair out. They are so stupid. If he couldn't answer your question the 1st time, what on earth makes you think he could answer the same question reworded 20 different ways.

Fleisher was very good at pointing that out. ;)

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
White House Press Secretary is undoubtedly a tough job.

During the mid-90s, there was a TV special about Dee Dee "you don't have to drink to be WHPS but it helps" Myers shortly after she left the job. She referred to the press as "the beast".

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Syringer
Is it the same press people that do the interviews all the time?

Its the White House Press Corps, they travel where ever the president goes, sometimes other media is also present, but on a daily basis its mainly the white house press corps.

replicator

Oct 7, 2003
It's amazing how they can answer questions without really answering them. The responses are never direct and always skirt around the issues. Especially when it comes to economics, you get lost in the hyperbole.

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: replicator
It's amazing how they can answer questions without really answering them. The responses are never direct and always skirt around the issues. Especially when it comes to economics, you get lost in the hyperbole.

Ha! More like trying their dammedest not to say something that could be used as ammo by there opponents.

But they all do that.