White Hot! -Seagate 7200.12 1TB HDD now $36.55 shipped AR ABCB!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Make sure to save that clamshell somewhere, too. Not that we ever want a drive to fail, but Seagate can be pretty damn picky on how they want RMA'd drives to be packed. However, if you have it in the clamshell packaging, then surround it with bubblewrap, that satisfies their requirement. :thumbsup:

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
I just ordered using PayPal and now TD are asking me for the last 4 digits of my SSN:
Residential Address

HELP US SPEED UP YOUR ORDER — WITH ONE EASY STEP!
pixel-clr.gif

To avoid any processing delay, we'll need the LAST 4 DIGITS of your Social Security Number to VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY ONLY.

We may need voice confirmation from you. If so, we will contact you by phone or e-mail. If you need to speak to our Credit Card Department, please allow 90 minutes for your order to process before calling 888-999-8800, M-F 8:00AM-8:00PM — Sat,Sun 8:00AM-1:00PM.

The information used to verify your transaction is of public record, provided to us by a third-party.
That seems odd since I didn't use a credit card, and my PayPal adderss is confirmed and matches my shipping address. Anyone seen that before?

Last edited:

BerserkBen

Oct 2, 2005
I just ordered using PayPal and now TD are asking me for the last 4 digits of my SSN:
Residential Address

HELP US SPEED UP YOUR ORDER — WITH ONE EASY STEP!
pixel-clr.gif

To avoid any processing delay, we'll need the LAST 4 DIGITS of your Social Security Number to VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY ONLY.

We may need voice confirmation from you. If so, we will contact you by phone or e-mail. If you need to speak to our Credit Card Department, please allow 90 minutes for your order to process before calling 888-999-8800, M-F 8:00AM-8:00PM — Sat,Sun 8:00AM-1:00PM.

The information used to verify your transaction is of public record, provided to us by a third-party.
That seems odd since I didn't use a credit card, and my PayPal adderss is confirmed and matches my shipping address. Anyone seen that before?

I got that too and found it weird, didn't trust it. I just ignored it because it said my order was complete somewhere else on the page and my item has been shipped so I'm all good! :)

Biosylum

Aug 15, 2002
I remember on WorldwideRebates site that the rebate was valid for (3) different drives, each having a different UPC number. I was iffy on which one to specify (as I had not received the drive yet), but I gave a good guess, based on something from TD's site. Low and behold, the UPC is different than the one I signed up for - I got the #000004682319, and NOT the oem #890552658862 that I had expected/signed up the rebate for.

So watch those numbers, cuz that is just the deal to void the rebate!

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I remember on WorldwideRebates site that the rebate was valid for (3) different drives, each having a different UPC number. I was iffy on which one to specify (as I had not received the drive yet)

And you didn't wait for the drive... why?

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
I bit for one, $124.95 shipped, $14.40 bing, and filled out the $30 rebate form. In the product listing on the Tigerdirect site under questions and answers;

Manufactured by: Seagate
Warranty provided by: Seagate
Limited Warranty: 36 months parts; 36 months labor
Mfg Part No: ST32000542AS
UPC No: 890552659104

If the UPC turns out different, I am sure it can be resolved. I just like to have the forms done ASAP.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The drive I just received is listed exactly by SKU and UPC on the rebate form - no worries. Plastic clamshell with paper insert. It was packed very well too.

smartadze

Feb 12, 2004
It says "Cash Back unavailable!" right under the Google Checkout logo, so you either get $5 from Google or 12% from Bing (apparently).

I sent an email to Bing ("where's my BCB?"), and got the BCB 12% as well as the Google $5-off. Makes for a 1TB drive at $31.55 - yikes!
Not sure if they would still do it tho.

Last edited:

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
Is anyone else having trouble with the crappy worldwiderebates.com site? I've tried the last three days to register for the rebate but the site keeps timing out... :mad:

drshivas

Oct 3, 2001
Site is slow and buggy. Start over and keep at it, or wait till business hours on Mon.

Gustavus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I would really like to get one of these drives at this price, but I recently went through weeks -- and Hell -- getting a Bing Cashback honored by Tiger Direct. If Microsoft hadn't stepped in and run interference, there is no question (in my mind) that I would never have received it. Once burned, twice warned. I will never buy from Tiger Direct again. Prices are often exceptional, but the hassle just isn't worth it.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Running Win7 64 on one of these. No probs so far. Not counting on seeing my rebate. Will be pleasantly surprised if it comes through.

Doclife

Oct 7, 2007
I got burned on a Seagate's $40 rebate for a hard drive several years ago. I sent in everything that was required for the rebate and made a copy of what I sent. I never did receive the rebate check and Seagate never did response to my inquiries. I haven't bought any Seagate hard drives since then.

No thanks for the deal. I'm not going to take any risk with Seagate anymore.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I asked you guys to not bump a year old hot deal thread.

It's lock time

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Status
Not open for further replies.