Which would you prefer? (Car Question)

markjrubin

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
Which would you prefer?

1. A loaded to the teeth car (Power everything, auto, sunroof, spoiler, better stereo, etc).

2. A stripped (includes a/c but nothing else) version of the next model up for the same price?

Example, A loaded Sentra, or a stripped altima?

I say the loaded one.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
If, by "stripped," you mean a car with no air conditioning, I would go for the "loaded" car. A/C is a must. My poor old VW bug has no air conditioning, and it is virtually unusable all summer long.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Depends on the differences in cars. I don't like the Sentra so I would pick the basic Altima in this case. If it is the difference between the Altima and its big brother Infiniti J30, I would take the loaded Altima providing it was still cheaper, because at heart they are the same vehicle.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If it was the previous generation Sentra, I'll go with Altima.

If it's the new Sentra, I'll go with it.

Cowboy Dan

Jan 24, 2000
I hate all the "extras", for me I want no sunroof, no power steering, no power windows, no a/c, no a/t, no automatic wipers, no power seats, etc. I just want it to be small, quick, and handle well. A stripped Sentra SE-R, maybe.

Doodoo

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2000
Stripped...as long as it has a/c...stock stereo systems suck anyways and you could always add ur own spoiler for cheaper. Could always put in ur own power windows and stuff cheap too.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Sentras are garbage, so I'd easily go with the Altima in this case.

But in general, probably loaded.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
It really depends on which cars I am considering. I'd rather have an Accord lean on the options rather than a civic, but I would take a loaded Sentra over a stripped Altima.

Generally, I'd rather pick the loaded car, but it really depends how bare the next car up is.

spec411

Apr 18, 2000
ANSWER: get a car where all the "extras" are standard! example: base v6 mustangs all come with AC, power everything, cassete AND CD, 200hp, and are available under 14k

markjrubin

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
farbio,

I'm not, but there were about 10,000 posts yesterday about cars and I was feeling left out.

Mark