Which video card by end of the month?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
People aren't even paying attention. Most of the time they're just using the thread as a proxy to continue their arguments from whenever.

The monitor you linked is what I would get if I was getting a GTX 1080Ti now. Your setup is what I would get for 4K gaming and I wouldn't get anything less than it.
Feel happy with your choices, I like them, good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Will you be upgrading to Gsync 144hz 4k in 2018?

Edit: I see you're now leaning towards the ultra wide. Everything is a compromise imo until 4k 144hz. Once that comes out, it's a must upgrade to stay on the cutting edge for those with high end setups.
I'm used to it, such is the nature of the interwebs :)

That said, I think the X34 seems the best bet right now for me, given it's a large monitor (34" which is what I want) and has a good refresh rate, has IPS, etc. The 4k 144hz monitors are a ways off and likely will be expensive for a long time, so I'm okay with 1440 for now.

slashy16

Mar 24, 2017
I know I can go for a 1080 (or Ti???) as the top end card, but is it worth it for 4k gaming? I used to look for "best bang for the buck" cards that would last me ~3 years (I have a 970GTX right now that's overstayed its prime and I only game 1080p right now).

Appreciate your thoughts... just trying to make sensible choices for my new build.

I replaced my 980ti with a 1080ti months ago and couldn't be happier.