Which to buy: Hercules MX2 from www.micropro.com or Inno 3D MX2 from Ocie.com?

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
OK, I just can't make up my mind. The Herc. cards are always good and hence have a good reputation. I can get one from www.micropro.com for $117 + shipping (heatsink only)

About the Inno3D MX2's: Can get this nice OEM card from www.ocie.com for about $108 + shipping (with HS and fan). I have not seen many people with these cards as much as the Herc. cards, but the few comments and reviews I have read are good.

Overclocking consideration: The Inno3D cards come with what seems like Samsung 6ns RAM and the Hercules MXs come with 7ns RAM. How will this affect the overclocking, if at all? Please correct me if I am wrong about either cards.

For those of you who have the Hercules MX2 and the Inno3D MX2 video cards, looking back on your purchase and now seeing what the card can do from a gaming and overclocking standpoint, what would you recommend?

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i am also considering what you are. the retail version of the prophet has 5.5 ns ram and runs at 183 mhz, that is only difference between the retail and OEM cards. local bestbuy has the retail one with the 183 mhz memory for $149.99 thinking about getting it. as for the inno3d card, go to www.viahardware.com where you will find that they have reviewed the inno card and liked it very much. inno has even made a PCI version of the MX card. everbody i have asked has said go with the prophet card including jasper at viahardware. hope this helps you :)

ibbilbo

Oct 9, 1999
Can't speak about the Inno3D cards, but the Herc. will do 210mhz no problem. I don't think the 7ns ram is an issue.
I had a choice when Micro-pro offered me an RMA for credit. I chose to keep the card.
(3DMark 2000 went from 3720(TNT2 Ultra@175/206) to 5549(MX@220/210).
I'm a happy guy. :)