Which SSD on my 1st build?

tosaytheleast

May 10, 2013
Help guys to those who are experts on SSD. I never had a PC with SSD so in my 1st build, I will try to install OS on a dedicated SSD. Right now I am stuck wtih two brands in my head. It's between Samsung and Kingston. Why? Because these are two brands that has the cheapest 120GB SSD right here in my area.

So should I get this Kingston SSDNow V+ 200 120GB which has read/write speed(max) of up to 535MBs/480MBs compared to Samsung 840 Series 120GB which has read/write speed(max) of up to 530MBs /130MBs. I have Samsung in my mind but is it a wise decision? Should I look for other brands too like WD or Seagate?

Thank you.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
Why would you even ask this question. Just get the cheapest one or the Samsung. Same questions over and over again. If you want stability samsung pro if you want cheap just get the cheapest available to you as long as it's not OCZ.

tosaytheleast

May 10, 2013
I'm sorry if you got irritated in dealing with this question over and over again. I just want to be sure because this is my 1st build and the 1st computer to have SSD. I don't really want to bother you with this but I'll be happy for others to have their opinion. Thanks.

MontyAC

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2004
Any latest generation SSD will perform well. Just go get one that's on sale.