Which schools in this country are best in aeronautical engineering?

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
That's what I'm interested in right now...I'm gonna be taking some SATII's "soon" (couple months...maybe early next year), so I figured I should decide who to send my scores to.

I know SAT II's have that look at your score b4 you send it thing...but do I gotta decide on which schools right then and there? Or can I add more to my initial list later on?

Anyways, I've heard KU (kansas univ) has a good aeronautics program...ga tech is supposed to be good too. And, there's va tech, illinois (champagne), penn state, perdue, and cornell.

MIT is (or should be) good all around (it's my "dream" school right now).

Anyways...if someone could tell me or link me to some kind of ranking, in terms of aeronautical engineering, so I can kind of figure which ones of these to seriously consider or whatnot.

Thanks,
-eric

edit: I'd prefer schools close-ish to NC (east coast, or midwest at the farthest). I know places like stanford are good...but I dont think their programs are really outstanding enough to justify going that far away. (Though, being near a Fry's would rock :D)

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
i go to penn state, and have heard that our aeronautical major is pretty good. my friend just got an aero engr. degree from university of colorado, boulder. that's supposed to be a good program too

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Yeah, Georgia Tech is pretty good. I went to Tech, but didnt major in it, but I heard from other people that its really good.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Caltech
They have the Jet propulsion lab there. Good luck getting in though :)
I think Cornell is descent too.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
MIT, Penn State, Princeton, Cornell, etc... bascially all the good engineering schools.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Eep..so all the schools strong in engineering will be strong in aeronautics?? DOH

I was hoping to narrow the list :|;) So many to choose from...yet applying to 9 schools would be a nightmare--cost in $$ and time (omg essays ouch). (9 b/c im applyin also to NC State, kinda my backup if i'm too dumb to get in elsewhere...i doubt it tho hehe)

-eric

Sloth

Oct 21, 1999
Emory Riddle or something like that in Datona Fla. Not sure just how good it is but I know they are another big one with flying and aero stuff.

See your another local.

S.