Which route in Venice to Sail... GONDOLA....

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
I'm Building A new Venice comp.. Do they all OC to about the same Freq,, or is one particularly better, like the 3000+ of the Winchester.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: inveterate
I'm Building A new Venice comp.. Do they all OC to about the same Freq,, or is one particularly better, like the 3000+ of the Winchester.

i think you'll find that YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary), as some week builds have better yeilds then others ... but i think on average the venice hits between 2.6 and 2.8 Ghz

I would personaly recommend the 3200+ Venice, as the 10x multi will help to not stress the MEM controllers and also the motherboard HTT as much as the 3000+ and the 9x multi, this is if you are hoping for a high OC and a possibile 1:1 mem ratio.. .. saying that i think your mobo will be fine but it all depends on the Yeilds for that specific week build of chip which you can not predict .. and also the quality of the mem controllers (which would be the yeilds again) ...

imported_Bleh

Sep 30, 2004
My Venice 3000+ (dont know the stepping but its one of the earlier weeks because I preordered the OEM from Monarch) can get to 2.6 ghz but it needs over 1.6 volts according to CPUZ but I dont really feel comfortable with that much voltage and stock heatsink so right now i run 270x9 (2430 mhz) at 1.456 volts according to CPUZ.