Which PSU should i choose?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
The GX 450 and all the units in the new Cooler Master "V" series are the only ones know of that I would recommend without hesitation. Otherwise, they are mediocre in terms of performance. PSU performance is mostly about delivering the rated wattage, voltage regulation and noise/ripple control. Cooler Master, aside from the ones I already mentioned, tend to not offer good noise/ripple control on one or more voltage rails.

Thermaltake too, makes mediocre units. They'll deliver the rated wattage, but noise/ripple and perhaps reliability are also a be under par; the latter is due to capacitor selection.

Are you stuck with this particular vendor or are you able to use a different one with a better selection of units? Off the top of my head, Seasonic makes good units

Blastman

Golden Member
Oct 21, 1999
The Cooler Master states "more than" 70% efficient. The Thermaltake is rated 80+ efficient so I would go with the higher efficiency rated psu the Thermaltake.

ronss

May 25, 2003
the thermaltake is an entry level psu. on a review i read on the thermaltake, the +5vsb output presented +4.72 v during full load test, a number that is below the mininum allowed. even though this unit can present efficiency above 80%, officially, it does not have the 80 plus certification, so the manufacturer couldn,t claim 80 plus certification or use the 80 plus logo....

don,t know much about the coolermaster...

as a rule, you get what you pay for in psu,s...and certain brands instantly speaks quality..when you buy a cheap psu, it means they have left some parts out in the build, and used cheaper components.

Nec_V20

May 7, 2013
Hey
I've been searching for PSUs and i found those two and i'm confused which one to buy..

http://www.macrotronics.net/product_info.php/cooler-master-power-supply-extreme-ii-725w-p-3904

http://www.macrotronics.net/product_info.php/thermaltake-lite-power-supply-730w-p-3344

I've heard that both thermaltake and cooler master are good but i need some more advices

Thank you!

Why you would possibly want to buy from them defeats me, their prices are way overblown.

Johnny4

Nov 12, 2013
appreciate it kinda stuck with the pentium prescot kinda the reason i loaded up on ram and tryin to run pci and pcie cards with built in mem

Imran60

Dec 14, 2013