Which Partition marked as active?

dsc106

May 31, 2012
I am dual booting hackintosh, after installing all hack stuff I can't use the boot loader to jump into Windows, I have to do it through the BIOS.

I saw I need to mark my Windows Partition as active in computer management panel, but there is a warning that if I mark the wrong partition (a partition without the OS loader) than my computer will not be bootable.

On Disk0 with Windows 7 I have two partitions:

System Reserved
100mb NTFS
Currently marked as Active

Windows (C:\)

Not currently marked as active.

Do I need to mark the Windows (C:\) as active? Things were working fine before, and I can boot from BIOS - just not the hackintosh boot loader. Is the problem that I need to change the active partition, or is the problem that I need the boot loader to see the 100mb reserved partition and load that instead?

I just don't want to mess anything up...

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
The System Reserved partition should be the one that's Active, that's where the Windows boot loader lives.

I'm guessing that what you're trying to say is that when you select the Windows drive as the primary boot drive in the BIOS, you get Windows, but otherwise you get the Hackintosh boot loader and it can't find the Windows partition? Which bootloader are you using and have to specifically configured it with the location of your Windows drive?