Which Online Broker Do You Use???

novon

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm trying to get starting in online investing and I was wondering if you guys could share your positive/negative experiences with online brokers.

Also...what do you guys think of AMD, Real Networks, Covad, and AT&T stocks?

imhotepmp

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
try Datek
They proveide free and unlimited streaming quotes and have low fees. But the best things is that there is no minimum to open an account. $2000 is the min if you want to buy on the margin.

imhotepmp

imhotepmp

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
AMD's stock price seems to shadow intel. So if Intel goes up, so does AMD. At least for the time being. If Amd can expand its prod capacity it can take a significant share of desktop pc's from intel.But the real profit lies in the server high end market. Hence AMD760 smp and the sledgehammer. Looks pretty good for AMD. Probably not a good short term investment, but definitely long term(1yr+). Mind you this is just my HO. :)

imhotepmp

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I personally use Etrade...I don't give stock advice due to the increasing volatility of the market :)

Ausm

novon

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm looking at Ameritrade, there is a minimum $2000 opening but $8 trades and instant account funding, no form to send back...

I'll look into Datek though

Thanks

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
datek, $10 bucks flat rate for ALL types of trade, limit, market, PLUS after and pre market orders. they have a 60 second execution guarantee, and FREE UNLIMITTED REAL TIME QUOTES!!!

i seriously suggest going with datek. i was with ameritrade, but never really got involved wiht them because i sent all my money to datek :)