Question Which One of These is the Best PSU?

kt7000

Nov 15, 2012
I'm currently about to build my first custom PC, and for the power supply unit, I've narrowed my choices down to these four models

Corsair AX1600i

EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2

Seasonic Prime TX-1600

Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1600W

Since they're all 1600W and 80+ Titanium, which brand is the most recommended?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
I e used a couple of EVGA units after getting burned by other brands and they hold up well.

@In2Photos - my guess would be at least dual GPUs at 600W/ea which still allows the base system 400W

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
According to Tom's Hardware review of the brand new Seasonic TX-1600 Prime, it was close but not quite good enough to dethrone the Corsair AX1600i as the highest performing power supply they've tested.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
For many years, I would only buy Seasonic...or Corsair-branded, Seasonic built PSUs.
Jonny Guru has pushed me away from that stance recently because of manufacturing problems with Seasonic.

Several of the Super Flower Leadex remain as some of the best built PSU's available, but I DO NOT know for certain about the 1600 watt version. I'd be surprised if it was any less well built or capable.

Edit...that said, I just installed a Seasonic 750 watt PSU in my PC because the specs for my new EVGA RTX3070 "required" one.
I've never personally had a problem with a Seasonic power supply, and was pretty surprised to hear Jonny Guru come out against them after years of being told hiw they were among the best of the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnitaPeterson

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
I've never personally had a problem with a Seasonic power supply, and was pretty surprised to hear Jonny Guru come out against them after years of being told hiw they were among the best of the best.

Same here... that's disappointing about Seasonic. I bought an EVGA PSU a few years ago, I think it was a ShellShocker or something so I got it cheap, as a backup and test unit... Pretty pleased with it.

I just built a new PC for my buddy... his Dell was 10 years old and starting to have memory issues. The best thing at a reasonable price was another Bronze + EVGA PSU. So far, so good.

Reactions: AnitaPeterson

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, out of those, only Seasonic and Super Flower actually make PSUs. The others are rebranded and/or just tweaked designs made by other companies (with Seasonic and Super Flower being 2 of the 5 big manufacturers (Seasonic, SuperFlower, FSP, Enermax, and HEC)). Heck, pretty sure SuperFlower makes those EVGAs....

Last edited:

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
More so than worrying about ATX, ATX12V, and EPS12V you should instead be worrying about ATX 3.0 instead. Those other standards have been around for 10+years, and are in any modern PSU. ATX 3.0 however is only just now arriving and is a bigger issue than most people suspect, especially if you are going to use next gen graphics cards.

Harry_Wild

Dec 14, 2012
For many years, I would only buy Seasonic...or Corsair-branded, Seasonic built PSUs.
Jonny Guru has pushed me away from that stance recently because of manufacturing problems with Seasonic.

Several of the Super Flower Leadex remain as some of the best built PSU's available, but I DO NOT know for certain about the 1600 watt version. I'd be surprised if it was any less well built or capable.

Edit...that said, I just installed a Seasonic 750 watt PSU in my PC because the specs for my new EVGA RTX3070 "required" one.
“be quiet! is a brand owned by the German company Listan GmbH, which manufactures power supply units, CPU coolers, computer cases and case fans.”

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004