Which of these speakers are better?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rhombuss

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2000
Hehe Noriaki, I opened up my outlook and found enuff people responded to my thread. I thought I was gonna get some really relevent input - but find a Boston vs Klipsch thing :). But I know most people use a soundcard when using the DSS80 speakers for games, because they want the EAX and A3D environments - but have you tried music with them? I have heard from some people that the digital signal really makes a difference.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Rhombuss, my apologies for your thread turning into a "verbal deathmatch". (Nice term, btw. ;) ) I brought up the BA's, because I thought they were near your target price range (maybe I was mistaken, as I'm not too sure what they would cost you northerners), and I think they are much better than the two sets you were considering.

Anyhow, between those two sets I'd definitely stay away from the ATP3's.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Oh you actaully want to use the DSS80s on straight USB? Hehehe no sorry I used them with a sound card.

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
My roommate is using the DSS80's via USB, not the sound card and they are definitely superior to the ATP3's which is probably one of the worst set altec makes. They're stylish (the ATP's) but they sound well... artrocious.

dm

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
I just wanted to point out one more thing, then my end of this flamewar is over.

<< The thing is i don't have much loyality to speakers, i replace as better ones come out, or about a year. >>

Then why haven't you upgraded to a receiver + home theatre speaker setup like me and many others who appreciate fine sound have? You say you upgrade as better ones come out? Using Klipsch ProMedias really shows you have no experience in the high end audiophile field and thus, no basis from which to judge 'good' speakers.

dm

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
Thats for the living room:p I'm not willing to spend home theater level money on my bedroom, that would be wasteful for my usage.