which MP3 player would you recommend?

purpledemon

Jun 21, 2001

kinda dependant on your requirements for it ....

what kinda mp3 player user are you goin to be ?

do you run with it ?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
it's actually gonna be a christmas gift to my brother and his wife. i'm not sure which of them will use it. they just mentioned the ipod the other day, but they'd have to buy an apple computer to make the ipod truly useful.

so far i'm leaning towards the nomad. i was just wondering if anyone knew of one that particularly stood out.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
yeah, if i ever buy an mp3 player, i'd go with the jukebox 6000...I mean, want to be able to store my entire list of mp3's and no other player comes even close to 6 GB capacity for the price

purpledemon

Jun 21, 2001

try this page at shopper.com for all editor top5's
go to the electronics section and check out the diff top5 lists of mp3 players ...

lots of info in different categories ... hopefully it'll help you out ....

personally i'm using a minidisc player as my portable player .... the sony gz750dpc or something like that ...
i absolutely love the thing and would recommend it ... i can send you more info on it if u need some ...

i also have a nike psa play for when i go running .... its a pretty good player and great for runners ....

VBboy

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
I would go to a local CompUsa and try them all out. Sometimes you buy what's prettier and not what has the most RAM.. They carry at least 8 different models.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
This one unfortunately it won't be out for a few months, and maybe you can't wait that long. I have heard that archos makes good ones. I don't have one though so I can't say for sure.

loosbrew

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2000
i just bought a NEX II. rated 5 stars from mp3.com, if that means anything. it takes CF cards and can also take IBM Microdrives. unlimited firmware upgrades, supposedly, again whatever that means. 99 bucks plus a 256 CF card for anothr 95, total came out to be 200. it wont bother you about stupid RIAA laws and stuff when you try to move "illegal" mp3's.

loosbrew

JoPalm

Dec 29, 2000
Just got a Nomad IIc for a present..has 32mb onboard and takes smart media cards. I use smart media for my digital camera so i shoved in some extra 32mb i had. Also works as a tape recorder, can tape up to 2 hours on 32megs. I think this one runs for about $130 CDN w/ 32mb onboard ram, the 64mb one is like $189 CDN.