Which is the best X570 motherboard among the three & any major issues with them to look out for?

RahulSalin

Jan 31, 2020
Hello everyone,

I’m looking to building a new PC to replace my old PC with an i5 3rd Gen Intel CPU and GTX 1050. The following are the new parts that I’m looking to build:

1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  2. PSU: EVGA 600W BR
  3. RAM: G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200MHz OC 16GB x 1
  4. GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 6GB OC
Now coming to the motherboard I’m looking into one with an X570 chipset just to avoid the hassle of having to get a loaner CPU to perform a BIOS update on a B450 and heard sometimes they are buggy with 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs.
I’ve put these three mobos in my list. I would love to have the USB-C option since I have a few C type storage devices but I can still get by without it. I’ve read in a review somewhere that the MSI runs a bit hotter compared to the other two, but it was just one review.

Which of these is the best and the issue faced with the respective mobos?

1. https://www.amazon.com/MSI-X570-Gaming-Motherboard-Wi-Fi/dp/B07T2FWCYG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8
  2. https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-X570-AORUS-802-11AC-Motherboard/dp/B07WL5MFXL/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8
  3. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SXF8GY3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Also is the included Wraith cooler with the Ryzen 5 enough when gaming or do I need to et another one? I don’t intend to overclock the CPU.
BTW I'm ordering all these parts from the US to my place since here the same parts are marked-up in price from 30 to 50%. That's why I'm a little worried since I won't be able to immediately ship it off without incurring some serious costs.

Thanks in advance

kschendel

Aug 1, 2018
The Stealth will cool the CPU OK, but it's really not hard to do a lot better both temps and noise, for US$20-25 or so. Feel free to build with the stock cooler and replace it if you want better load temperatures or less noise.

mpo

Jan 8, 2010
I'm not a big fan of the AM4 cpu cooler mount. Even MSI edited out the tricky part (hooking the brackets) on their demo video.

RahulSalin

Jan 31, 2020
I'm not a big fan of the AM4 cpu cooler mount. Even MSI edited out the tricky part (hooking the brackets) on their demo video.

But it's not that difficult I would say. The ones with the screw mount like on Intel has to be mounted very carefully and applying pressure on each side in a diagonal uniform manner. The AM4 is pretty straightforward compared to that.

mpo

Jan 8, 2010
The stock Wraith Prism cooler is relatively easy to install, once you figure out the starting position of the locking cam lever.

I have a Corsair Hydro H100i Pro AIO. The pump head mounts to the CPU using thumb nuts and a screw clips (think zipper pulls) attached to the AM4 bracket. Getting the clips to fit over the hooks, careful not rotate on the screw axis, then repeating the process on the other side was no fun on the bench. Double no fun when the motherboard was mounted in the case.

As with the Wraith Prism cooler in the video, the loose pump head was moving across the CPU before everything was mounted.. I was initial afraid that some of the thermal compound was getting scraped off.

Once again, Corsair also edits out all effort needed to get the clips in place: