Which is the best car insurance company?

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
Especially when you try to claim on ur auto insurance...which company you have good experience dealing with? Pour me with your suggestion please :)

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
there's a company that's invitation only. i forgot the name but someone i know has it and ill ask her. lowest rates and greatest support.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: PhasmatisNox
Geico, they have the most commercials.

Geico has great commercials, but I hate the whole giving-radar-detectors-to-the-cops-in-exchange-for-more-tickets crap.

dak125

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
State Farm by far. Great company and very reasonable plans. Claims also work quite well, make sure to get $0 deductibles.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: luvya
How about when you actually need them? How supportive are they?
The handful of times I've needed them they were always very helpful and I was always satisfied. It probably doesn't hurt that my dad has been dealing with the same agent (who also is mine too) for 20-some odd years now.

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Geico is crap. My friend spent 2 years in court with them and won at the end. Good for him. I use Progressive. Heard great things about State Farm.

Mar 19, 2003
I went with Progressive when I bought a new policy (due to buying a new car), because I was pretty impressed with the service they gave me when I was rear-ended by one of their policyholders. The car was considered a total loss, and they cut me a check for $2500 inside of two weeks - and given the age and value of the car, that's really all I could hope for.

Oh, and it also helps that when I was shopping around, they quoted me with the best rates too. :)

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I'm with State Farm right now, tho my premiums are a little high. 22 year old in Phoenix doesn't exactly create low rates. :(

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
The handful of times I've needed them they were always very helpful and I was always satisfied. It probably doesn't hurt that my dad has been dealing with the same agent (who also is mine too) for 20-some odd years now.

Interesting. I've gotten nothing but pure sh!t from State Farm, and we've been using the same agent since before Vietnam. Heh, not only that, but not only does my parents and my brother have a policy with him, but so does my Grandparents and brother. All of us have homeowner's + car and I've still gotten dicked numerous times. I'm switching to USAA or Farmers here soon. Progressive is a joke as they wanted about 6,000 to insure me due to non-fault accidents and type of car.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Mill

Interesting. I've gotten nothing but pure sh!t from State Farm, and we've been using the same agent since before Vietnam. Heh, not only that, but not only does my parents and my brother have a policy with him, but so does my Grandparents and brother. All of us have homeowner's + car and I've still gotten dicked numerous times. I'm switching to USAA or Farmers here soon. Progressive is a joke as they wanted about 6,000 to insure me due to non-fault accidents and type of car.
Huh, that sucks. All I can tell you is that my parents have home/auto and I have my auto/renter's insurance with them and I can't remember ever having a serious problem, but obviously I can only speak for myself.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
i've had AAA all my life and they were good to me when the guy backed into me. i also have renter's insurance with them.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Huh, that sucks. All I can tell you is that my parents have home/auto and I have my auto/renter's insurance with them and I can't remember ever having a serious problem, but obviously I can only speak for myself.

Well, I think for claims they REALLY expect you to be not at fault. I got nothing but attitude from my own agent's assistant and a claim team until I faxed them a Police Report. After that they were all buddy-buddy and great, so it pretty much pissed me off. From the beginning there was no way it could be my fault, but they wouldn't even take my word for it in passing. You know, you don't have to coddle me, but don't act as if I'm a liar...

Apex

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gotapex.com
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: PhasmatisNox
Geico, they have the most commercials.

Geico has great commercials, but I hate the whole giving-radar-detectors-to-the-cops-in-exchange-for-more-tickets crap.

Agreed. I refuse to use them simply on principle, regardless of price.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: malak
Does any company cover stolen CD's?

How old are you, 12?

Wow, 2/2 with the insults so far.

Well, it is pretty obvious you've never heard of property insurance such as Renter's or Homeowner's because Auto Insurance typically does NOT cover property items such as CDs, tapes, etc. Some policies have optional coverage that you pay extra for, but most rely on you having property insurance. Regardless, coverage of CDs/tapes would be the least of my concern when getting insurance. Worrying about something so trivial made me wonder if you were even an adult, and that's why I said what I did. I care more about Customer Service, Company Assets(so they won't fold for something silly like a Hurricane), Price, and of course the extent of coverage when it comes to major areas.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Does any company cover stolen CD's?

How old are you, 12?

Wow, 2/2 with the insults so far.

Well, it is pretty obvious you've never heard of property insurance such as Renter's or Homeowner's because Auto Insurance typically does NOT cover property items such as CDs, tapes, etc. Some policies have optional coverage that you pay extra for, but most rely on you having property insurance. Regardless, coverage of CDs/tapes would be the least of my concern when getting insurance. Worrying about something so trivial made me wonder if you were even an adult, and that's why I said what I did. I care more about Customer Service, Company Assets(so they won't fold for something silly like a Hurricane), Price, and of course the extent of coverage when it comes to major areas.

[mom]Now was that so hard?[/mom]

farmercal

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
I use Allstate now because they quoted me a really good price on auto and home insurance. I also like my agents.