which is more douchebag, rollin in a M3 or rockin a rolex?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

which is more douchebag, rollin in a M3 or rockin a rolex?

• M3

• Rolex

• both are about the same on Douche Scale

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
We have got to stop obsessing over this guy ... and let it go. He posts his drama and we just feed the beast.

He loves it ...

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Neither is douchebaggery on their own... the douchebag lies in if the person makes sure people know they drive an m3 or have a rolex.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
People that drive around with those blue headlights blinding everyone else on the road anytime they hit a bump/are on an incline/have a taller car than others are the ultimate in douchebaggery.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Just go back to sipping your Sam's Choice rootbeer and sitting in your 400sqft. apartment.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
SUV drivers are bigger douchebags. There's no need to be driving an elevated car so you can block everybody else's line of vision for no reason (especially at the intersection).

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's not the fact of owning those things that makes someone a douche, it's how they approach it. If they're in your face about it then they're a douche.

"Check out my new watch" ok
"Check out my new watch, something you'd only dream to afford" not ok

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
SUV drivers are bigger douchebags. There's no need to be driving an elevated car so you can block everybody else's line of vision for no reason (especially at the intersection).

are minivan drivers douchey too?

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
yea gonna have to disagree 100%.

you are basically saying if you can afford nice things you are a douchebag.

No, I'm not saying you ARE a douche, I'm just saying you give off the douche vibe. It's almost like you have to prove you're NOT a douche, when you step out of the car. There is a certain sigma that's associated with BMW that for some reason I don't associate with other brands like Audi, Lexus or Cadillac. Maybe it's because I've always heard from people that own one say, "I have a BMW," like they have something special. Then you find out they are leasing it, then you find out it's a $30k 328i. I then just roll my eyes. I think it's the wannabes I've run into in the past that have ruined the brand for me.

That being said, I'm looking forward to BMW announcing the new 2014 M3 (rumored M4). If it's a smash hit, I may have to get over my negative stigma and bite the bullet. ;)

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
IBM used to offer a 25 year employee a Rolex gift, they stopped in the 90's.

nothing douchey about it.
w0LZgm

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
IBM used to offer a 25 year employee a Rolex gift, they stopped in the 90's.

nothing douchey about it.
w0LZgm

They probably stopped because IBM employees got cellphones and realized watches aren't practical. Especially expensive ones that are a thief magnets.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
We have got to stop obsessing over this guy ... and let it go. He posts his drama and we just feed the beast.

He loves it ...

He hit the nail on the head

esquared
Anantech Forum Director

Status
Not open for further replies.