Which is better... GeForce4 mx 440 or GeForce 2 Ti

Instan00dles

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2001
I have a choise of either two video cards but I can not find a reviw where both cards are being used at the same time. Does anyonew know where I can find a review alittle more comprehensive than 3dmark or is anyone actually knows please inform me. thanks

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
I ran a gf2 pro gainward ti/450 and a gf440mx gainward and they score very close to one another at stock...the 440 since it was a golden sample could clock much higher for memory and eventually pulled away...

The gf4mx also had superior tv-out capabilities...nview is something pretty special....

robertjamestroll

Jul 1, 2002
How much do you have to spend? If you want one of those two cards then its best to get the newer tech (even though i have a gf2ti that is extremely fast when both cpu and gpu overclocked ie 8000+ marks in 3dmark2001). Around the same price you can get a geforce 3 with dx8 capabilities.

Instan00dles

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2001
I have looked everywhere trying to find anicely priced DX8 card for my firend but they are just too much. He doesnt care is he can turn on pixle shaders and how much he can score in 3dmark all he wants to do is beable to play his games at whatever resolution cause he doesnt care. He has a tnt vanta 16mb and he cant play warcraft 3.