Which HT Seat should I go for?

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I'be narrowed it down to two palliser chairs....

First being the Palliser Digital http://www.palliser.com/furniture/Products/HTS/series.html?id=41451

Second being the Rhumba...

http://www.palliser.com/furniture/Products/HTS/series.html?id=41918

I heard that the Rhumba is extremely comfortable, but it looks like a flotation device. The Digital looks quite nice, but I'm unsure of it's comfort level. Unfortunately there's nowhere around me to take these on a test run. Does anyone have experience with either one?

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I have no experience with these seats but going by those pics, the Palliser Digital looks much better, but the Rhumba looks more comfortable.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
You really just need to talk to different people that are similar build to you and/or try to get some butt time in them. The important thing that is often overlooked is the back height and where the seatback hits your shoulder/neck.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
You really just need to talk to different people that are similar build to you and/or try to get some butt time in them. The important thing that is often overlooked is the back height and where the seatback hits your shoulder/neck.

QFT, also how much effort does it take to recline them?
If they recline super easy, you may find yourself not "resting" on the backrest when watching something, as resting would make them lay all the way down....

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
QFT, also how much effort does it take to recline them?
If they recline super easy, you may find yourself not "resting" on the backrest when watching something, as resting would make them lay all the way down....

Effort to recline? Push a button! POWA RECLYN 4 LYFE HOMEY!

:colbert:

Seriously...power recline rocks.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Effort to recline? Push a button! POWA RECLYN 4 LYFE HOMEY!

:colbert:

Seriously...power recline rocks.

You can recline back as hard as you want, and the power recline keeps it in the "perfect" position?

If so ... I know what I'm gonna upgrade to when the time comes...

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Well, with a power recline almost all of them are what I would consider....one way? reclining.

Meaning when you press the button the first thing that happens is the leg rest comes up. Once the leg rest is fully extended then the chair begins to recline to whatever position you want. With mine you then have some manual play in the legs to make them collapse down a bit without being fully retracted.

You can't operate the legs independent of the back though. Or vice versa. But once you have the backs set with the button they aren't moving. At least for me at 180 pounds. I know you are a man of a bit more substansial build than me, so maybe they are a bit more easily coaxed into moving.

Here's what I bought 4 months before Berkline went tits up :(

https://public.bay.livefilestore.co...l53aqbliiN7ZiHsVIaKr1Qteg/IMG_3919.JPG?psid=1

Mar 15, 2003
Are you guys all single? My wife would lynch me if I suggested any of these super comfy and very practical seating solutions :) Have you tried bob's? They have a very affordable line of sectionals that look a lot like these.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Don't you need to go sit on them and see which ones you like? I mean it will be a bitch to return once you move it into place.

marcplante

Mar 17, 2005
Coming in from left field, I would like to nominate the Ekornes You'd need some side tables. but these are about the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. they slide recline confortably and easily to whatever level you want.

http://www.ekornes.com/us/stressless-recliners

If I were setting up individual seats, they'd be at the top of my list. If you want room to cuddle with an SO watching a movie, I'd look to the other options.

Just another option since you're shopping