which do clean more often: toilet or towel

which one do you wash/clean more often?

• toilet

• towel

Results are only viewable after voting.

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
Towel? What do you mean, the one you dry yourself with after a shower? You gotta swap that at least twice a week. Toilets can do with just a top wipe-down whenever it starts looking nasty. :p

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I clean my toilet once/week

I do laundry every other week, but I'll only use a towel 2-3 times before chucking it into the hamper

so, idk how to respond to your question

PsiStar

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2005
What do toilets & towels have in common? They should all be white!! Bleach is your friend.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I wash towels once a week and the toilet when needed, which is usually twice a week. So I guess my answer is "toilet" but they are both frequent.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
How the hell do your toilets need to be cleaned so often? Wow.

The singular tense of "towel" confuses me. I use a clean/fresh towel daily. I usually wash a bunch of towels weekly. The toilet gets cleaned whenever it looks dirty... which is far less often.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

The singular tense of "towel" confuses me. I use a clean/fresh towel daily. I usually wash a bunch of towels weekly. The toilet gets cleaned whenever it looks dirty... which is far less often.

You posted exactly what I would have.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You can use one to clean the other and vice versa so they both can be cleaned with equal frequency.

InflatableBuddha

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2007
Towels once a week when I do my laundry.

Toilet whenever it grosses me out too much to sit down on it, which is usually every week and a half. Thankfully it only takes a couple minutes to clean. I really should wipe down my shower though, come to think of it :hmm:.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Neither get cleaned very often.

Towel: once a month
Toilet: every two months

Dec 10, 2005
Towel - laundry every other week or so, but towel changed every week to every other week.

Toilet - whenever I clean my bathroom - usually once every few weeks.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

I don't really "need" to, it's just part of my normal bathroom cleaning routine.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
You guys make me feel like a slob.

My bathroom is the only room I don't clean and keep neat. I'm always rushed when I'm in there and it so easy to close the door and forget about it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

My bathroom is the only room I don't clean and keep neat. I'm always rushed when I'm in there and it so easy to close the door and forget about it.
If you havent been to boot camp, or worked in a hospital, I probably think you're a slob.
To me most civilians are filthy animals.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

Oddly, I generally keep the bathroom the cleanest room in the house. If someone pops in unexpectedly & then ends up needing to use the bathroom, I want it clean in there.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Oddly, I generally keep the bathroom the cleanest room in the house. If someone pops in unexpectedly & then ends up needing to use the bathroom, I want it clean in there.

Yep. I have a neat freak thing going on in the bathroom. The other rooms I keep pretty well picked up...but the bathroom needs to be spotless.

GregGreen

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000

I also want it clean after they leave there.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Plus, it's the easiest room to keep clean. If I went a month without cleaning the bathroom (I don't), I don't think it would take more than 5 or 6 minutes to have that room spotless.