Which corner do you put your FPS counter in?

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
I usually been a bottom-right kinda guy but lately I moved it to the top left, think I might like it there better.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Most reviews that I see showing stats, usually put it in the top left. I personally use my G13 LCD screen instead.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
What do you guys use? I've never bothered to try and use one.

I have a GTX970.

Wouldn't mind being able to toggle FPS, and FPS/resource meter.

xantub

Feb 12, 2014
Nowhere, I find that once you start putting it in, you start worrying more about the FPS than playing the actual game.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
If I have one, it's on the top right. I use FRAPS and only use it if I'm curious or checking playability problems (like when Dead Space ran like shit, I found it was capped at 30fps if vsync was on).

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
dont use it. but if i had to, top right, or bottom right if i feel naughty.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Nowhere, I find that once you start putting it in, you start worrying more about the FPS than playing the actual game.

Often times i will disable osd once my settings are tuned perfectly.New builds or upgrade i keep osd posted a good while.I just like getting the most performance i can.I chase 60+fps minimums if and when possible.

About to drop my rig from 8gb to 4gb as one stick is going into another build for a short bit,OSD will be active monitoring memory usage.Games like BF4 and GTA V will need the monitoring for sure.The new build certainly needs OSD as its a dual core and will check mark my entire library of games that will run good or won't due to 2 physical cores.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
If you have a logitech device with an LCD, MSI Afterburner supports it, and can show everything on that instead of on the screen. I just leave it on all the time as I can just click a button to see it on my LCD or view a clock instead.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I use the whole MSI Afterburner info bar top left with all the major hardware related info.

I only do this when first playing a game to setup my settings for newer games.

Zodiark1593

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2012
When I forget to turn off Shadowplay, top right. Otherwise, I call it the OCD counter.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Top left. (Evga precisionx 16) Includes other GPU details like power draw %, gpu load, memory used, fps, core clock, gpu temp. CPU temp too now.

And then some games I already have it on and those are different. Dota 2 puts it up in the top right with network latency.

CSGO using net_graph puts it in the bottom right. Important info for me so that I know I'm not crazy when I experience jitter and I notice the loss % higher than 0 or choke higher than 0. Or the tickrate is going crazy or whatever. Always pisses me off. I end up leaving the server if it gets bad. :(

I use this information to sometimes diagnose whether or not my internet connection is shit too. If it's happening on a lot of servers, I know something is up.

Last edited:

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Top-right, running the Steam FPS counter. Not too big or bright enough to break immersion and it's there when I need it.