Which cordless phone (1.9GHz-DECT6.0/2.4/5.8) least interferes with dual-band router?

lenojustin

Jan 10, 2012
Hello,
So I am about to purchase TP-Link Archer C7 (v2) (Dual band router). For this router which cordless phone will cause least interference? – 1.9 GHz DECT6.0 or 2.4 ghz of a 5.8 ghz

From my little knowledge the 1.9 will cause least interference. Something like Panasonic System 6.0 Plus KX-TG6512B.

Thank you!

Feb 25, 2011
We used to have some 2.4GHz phones that would knock out the wifi when they rang. Replaced with 5.8GHz and all was right with the universe.

I don't know if any other bands are better, just that 5.8 worked for my case.

Now if only somebody would make a WiFi-safe Microwave Oven...

azazel1024

Jan 6, 2014
1.9GHz/DECT6.0 is best.

5.8GHz both has short range for the phone, but it also interferes with channels 141+ for wifi (UNI-III band 5GHz).

On the microwave...just depends on how decent the model is. The noise isn't actually that bad. Generally. Running some ad hoc testing I've found so long as base station or client are at LEAST 10ft away from the microwave, zero impact in 2.4GHz. If my client or router are closer than that, there is an impact on 2.4GHz. Example, slapping my laptop on my kitchen range right below my microwave, starting a file transfer and then heating up some dinner on high, shave about 20% off the top for file transfer performance. Which isn't good, but it also isn't horrible considering that the laptop is sitting maybe 2ft from the microwave.

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
I've got an Archer C7 that I use with an AT&T DECT 6.0 cordless phone and I haven't noticed any issues at all. Then again, that phone is only used a handful of times a week so I don't know if anything too bandwidth intensive has been tried simultaneously.

However, now that I think about it, the phone itself is connected to the Ooma Teleo that connects with the Archer C7 via 2.4GHz wireless adapter. If there were any issues I would think it would knock the Ooma off and you'd lose your call but everything has been peachy.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
1.9ghz in my experience, it also has better penetration which gives you a better reach on the phone

lenojustin

Jan 10, 2012
thanks guys!
i am now ordering VTech DS6671-3 DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with Bluetooth Connect to Cell and Answering System, Silver/Black with 2 Handsets and 1 Cordless Headset via Amazon