Question Which cooler would you recommend?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Not familiar with your power supply. Do you have BETTER options available? I know the PSU isn't generally a "sexy" component, but it's the heart of your computer.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Wont matter the 5800X wont benefit from AIO watercooling, especially since it will run hot with that TINY footprint.

Unless you want the pretty RGB waterblock pump, i wouldn't bother, as AIO watercooling has more things which can fail, not to mention has mounting requirements and the radiator takes up space.

Reactions: Indus

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
The stock cooler on that is actually pretty decent. And if you did go with an AIO, it would have to go in the front of the case as that case does not have a provision for a top mount radiator.

If you are just wanting your CPU to be cooler, give it a bit of an undervolt. They respond well to that.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
The stock cooler on that is actually pretty decent.

I beg to differ.
The Wraith Spire Cooler is utter garbage.
I think your thinking it comes with the Wraith Prism which is a decent cooler, but the 5800X and all 5000 series to my knowledge comes with the spire which should be recycled into beer cans as it serves a better purpose.

Even a 30 dollar Chinese brand amazon cooler will be vastly superior then to a spire.

Last edited:

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I beg to differ.
The Wraith Spire Cooler is utter garbage.
I think your thinking it comes with the Wraith Prism which is a decent cooler, but the 5800X and all 5000 series to my knowledge comes with the spire which should be recycled into beer cans as it serves a better purpose.

Even a 30 dollar Chinese brand amazon cooler will be vastly superior then to a spire.

The computer he linked had an arctic cooler on it though?

His link shows this as being the cooler, not the Wraith that comes with a 5800X.
1671649584377.png

mv2devnull

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2010
The computer he linked had an arctic cooler on it though?
"Arctic Freezer A35 ARGB, 120mm PWM"

Took a while to spot the "Kühlung & Optik" tab, where that detail was hiding.

A review of that A35 notes that airflow does not spread to VRM heatsinks much. I'd guess that AIO's are even worse in that aspect?

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
"Arctic Freezer A35 ARGB, 120mm PWM"

Took a while to spot the "Kühlung & Optik" tab, where that detail was hiding.

A review of that A35 notes that airflow does not spread to VRM heatsinks much. I'd guess that AIO's are even worse in that aspect?

Yeah, it is certainly not the best tower cooler. But is better than the OEM Wraith coolers.

And yes, a AIO does not have a fan over the CPU, so it would not aid in cooler the VRMs.

If I was the OP, and I wanted a better, quieter cooler, I would go with a better quality tower cooler. The case that they have is not ideal for an AIO as it would have to be mounted up front, which can be hard on the pump. A Hyper 212, or a Noctua would both keep the CPU cooler, and be quieter while doing it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah, it is certainly not the best tower cooler. But is better than the OEM Wraith coolers.

And yes, a AIO does not have a fan over the CPU, so it would not aid in cooler the VRMs.

If I was the OP, and I wanted a better, quieter cooler, I would go with a better quality tower cooler. The case that they have is not ideal for an AIO as it would have to be mounted up front, which can be hard on the pump. A Hyper 212, or a Noctua would both keep the CPU cooler, and be quieter while doing it.

Front mounting the AIO radiator is fine...as long as the highest point is higher than the pump.