Which came first? The Mwave or The Newegg :)

SgtBuddy

Jun 2, 2001
I remember finding mwave back when I was stationed in Japan. They were one of the VERY FEW places that would ship to military overseas (APO/AFO). Their shipping prices were high, but their merchandise prices were low. (A common scam to get good ratings using Pricewatch and such). Still, it all evened out and Mwave became my #1 choice for one-stop shopping.

Newegg is nice, just ordered a small switch from them and it was shipped to the middle of BFE, Kuwait (38 miles from Iraq). Decent shipping times!

qIat

Jul 16, 2001
I ordered most of the parts for my very first computer from Mwave. Then newegg came. It was like Mwave, only cheaper. However, newegg didn't have near the product selection that mwave did. Now that's changed as newegg is getting more and more annual profits. I haven't made a purchased from Mwave in ages. Newegg is the place to beat.

schmedy

Golden Member
Dec 31, 1999
When I was in VA we used to drive down to Mwave for all; our parts for work, nice place an grat CS people there. Next time you go tell Maria hi, lol.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
MWave came first. Newegg's web layout was surprisingly similar to MWave's which pi$$ed MW off no end.

MW is in City of Industry, CA. Did they move from VA at one time?

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
Originally posted by: schmedy
When I was in VA we used to drive down to Mwave for all; our parts for work, nice place an grat CS people there. Next time you go tell Maria hi, lol.

yea i was gonna ask the same thing. I usually pick up my merchandise in person from Mwave in City of Industry, CA. Is there another mwave in VA too or did they move?