Which beers do you hate?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Deeko

Clearly YOUR snobby ass disagrees with a whole lot of people, and that obviously bothers you. Don't even try to peg the same thing on me, I'm the one that said I'd drink anything that was cold.

it doesnt bother me that you drink buttwater, does it? YOU'RE the one who first came in here to take personal pot-shots at ME. keep on doing what you're doing, big boy. im going to pour out a nice one and watch replays of the bicycle race...

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: LS20
Originally posted by: Deeko

Clearly YOUR snobby ass disagrees with a whole lot of people, and that obviously bothers you. Don't even try to peg the same thing on me, I'm the one that said I'd drink anything that was cold.

it doesnt bother me that you drink buttwater, does it? YOU'RE the one who first came in here to take personal pot-shots at ME. keep on doing what you're doing, big boy. im going to pour out a nice one and watch replays of the bicycle race...

I'm sure it tastes like ass. Whatever helps you sleep at night slugger.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Rolling rock
Keystone
Natural light
Either Killians or Kill kennys (smelled and tasted like puke)
Milwaukee's best
Ice House
Some beer made in Kalamazoo Michigan, has a fish on the label (worst beer ever, forced one down and couldn't finish the other because of the nasty puke like after taste.)

zugzoog

Jun 29, 2004
Definitely Budweiser. Great Ads, God awful beer.

Add to that Miller, Fosters, Tooheys (exception Tooheys old) and XXXX

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
All of them.

Of course, I've never tried "ANY" beer (or any alcohol for that matter) so how would I know! :eek:

:D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
without naming the crappy $8 a case beers:

Heineken is #1
Anything made by the Coors Brewing Company
Labatt's Blue

TBone48

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2005
I hate Heinekin. Also Corona, Budweiser, Michelob. There are many more, but I don't have enough time to name them all. I prefer microbrews, ales and lagers.
(The above is only my opinion; yours may differ.)

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
guiness (except in irish car bombs), bud, natty light, pabst...

95% of cheap beer is disgusting. MGD (bottles only) is as low as I'll go

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Heineken, Guiness, Corona (all beers that have that crappy dark aftertaste that when you stop drinking you can taste 3 hours later)
All cheap American Beer such as Red White and Blue, Shlitz, Shaefers, any Milwaukee and most any $2.00 6pack **LOL** They all taste like glue to me. Yep, I'm one that used to eat paste in school........... My how my tastes have changed these days :disgust:

My preference is either Budweiser or Bud Light. If I have to, I'll drink Coors for my second choice. If I have none of the preferences I listed, I don't drink Beer at all :cool:

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: CorCentral
Heineken, Guiness, Corona (all beers that have that crappy dark aftertaste that when you stop drinking you can taste 3 hours later)
All cheap American Beer such as Red White and Blue, Shlitz, Shaefers, any Milwaukee and most any $2.00 6pack **LOL** They all taste like glue to me. Yep, I'm one that used to eat paste in school........... My how my tastes have changed these days :disgust:

My preference is either Budweiser or Bud Light. If I have to, I'll drink Coors for my second choice. If I have none of the preferences I listed, I don't drink Beer at all :cool:

Corona has "that crappy dark aftertaste"? :confused: Granted, I'm not a fan of Corona (although if you ever have a chance to order it, try some Carib) or Heineken for that matter, but Guinness is a darn fine light beer. Yes, I just called Guinness a light beer. If you want to try a heavy beer, drink some Stone Imperial Stout, and you will then understand what I mean.

BTW, if you used to eat paste in school, and now your beers of preference are Bud and Bud Light... your taste hasnt changed, just your viscosity preference.

Nebben

May 20, 2004
Beers I hate?

I'm tempted to say Bud/Miller/Coors and all of that, but they're hard to really "hate" per se. They just lack flavor. They're boring and cheaply made.

The only two beers I've tried that I can honestly say I hated were Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss and Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. I've had a few European lambics and while they were very different, they were still interesting. The Sam Adams variety just tasted like someone put a packet of Kool-Aid into my beer...

And I would disagree with the sentiment that all beer tasted bad and we just "put up with it". I love the different varieties of beer (IMO, there is more of a range in beer than in wine) and I far prefer the taste of most craft beer to soda or whatever else. To each his own :)

Nebben

May 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Mookow

Corona has "that crappy dark aftertaste"? :confused: Granted, I'm not a fan of Corona (although if you ever have a chance to order it, try some Carib) or Heineken for that matter, but Guinness is a darn fine light beer. Yes, I just called Guinness a light beer. If you want to try a heavy beer, drink some Stone Imperial Stout, and you will then understand what I mean.

BTW, if you used to eat paste in school, and now your beers of preference are Bud and Bud Light... your taste hasnt changed, just your viscosity preference.

Dood, Guinness is the heaviest darkest beer in the world! Don't you know its like 15% ABV?!? It's got a lot of alcohol because its so dark!!!

;)

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey Deeko, if you don't like beer, why do you drink it?
I don't see why anyone would eat or drink anything they don't like, heck I hate wine, so I don't drink it, very simple.
I love beer though, mostly.

Beers I can't stand:
Any fo the watery crap, Budwasser, Miller, Corona, etc.
No big fan of stouts, the taste just isn't for me, plus it makes me feel like I'm drinking a loaf of bread.
Same with Lambics, not my thing.

Just have to throw in a few I like, a beer thread isn't complete without good beers ;)
All of the Trappistes, though Westmalle and Orval is my favs.
Well tasting light lagers and pilseners, Hell, Nils Oscar, Staropramen, Litovel, etc.
Good ales, Fallen Angel and Sam Adams come to mind.

Mmmm....beeeer....

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebben
Originally posted by: Mookow

Dood, Guinness is the heaviest darkest beer in the world! Don't you know its like 15% ABV?!? It's got a lot of alcohol because its so dark!!!

;)

hehe. A couple of facts here (and obviously I know you were being sarcastic):

Dark beers are typically the lower alcohol beers. As a homebrewer, you know that the darker malts have a much lower conversion rating then the lighter malts.

As for guinness, did you guys know guinness isn't actually a stout, despite what the label says? I can scan the article in, basically, Guinness in any country other then Ireland (Guinness in Ireland is different from the namesake brew found in any other country) is brewed as a light beer (not as in color, as in low calorie light), and then has a coloring agent added and flavoring add at botteling. This is how they achieve being really low calories. Plus, honestly, anyone who drinks different stouts can definitely tell how watery Guinness really is.

What gives Guinness the different mouthfeel is that it isn't carbonated, it's nitrated. Nitration actually lessens the thickeness felt, because the bubbles produced are significantly finer. It gives it a creamer texture, or some might say oily.

For people looking for a good stout, I recommend Mackeson's XXX stout, it's a cream stout and is quite sweet, and is a pretty good example of the style. It's relatively cheap too, around $8 a 6 pack.

Also, as mentioned in an earlier post, Stone Russian Imperial stout is great too, as is their smoked porter. Hell, I've never had a stone beer I don't like. If you get a chance, pick up some Double Bastard. It's expensive, but it's delicious.

Also, the "bitterness" you guys are complaining about isn't bitterness at all if you are only getting it in darker brews. The bittering agents in beer are hops (measured in IBUs), and with the exceptioned of the bigger brews (suchs as the russian imperial), stouts have almost none in them. What you guys are experiancing is the dry sweetness, sorta like dryness of a red wine.

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
The beers I can't stand are:

Natty Light <-- Unflavored Piss
Corona

Um.. that's about it..

I almost hate Heineken, but for some reason, I've been able to drink quite a few of those when it's the only thing available. :confused:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Sam Adams.

I?d rather drink month old urine out of a dirty spittoon.

xTYBALTx

May 10, 2005
I have read through three pages and haven't seen Miller or "Lite" mentioned once?! No one else hates the aluminum-can/farm chemical aftertaste?