Which 7970 brand and noise Level?

snakenobi

Jan 5, 2012
I have decided to buy 7970

which brand should i go for?

Talk about both Reference and Non-reference cards as i think non-reference might have not come where i live in india

Also is there a noise problem with 7970,i ve heard and watched video on youtube with alot of sound

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Non-reference usually refers to custom cooling solutions by the manufacturer.

the fans mean nothing to me, i yank those babies off.. i'm more concerned about the pcb, that's what limits me on the watercooling solution i chose.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
the fans mean nothing to me, i yank those babies off.. i'm more concerned about the pcb, that's what limits me on the watercooling solution i chose.
Then you'll want a reference card. Any one will do; Sapphire has the most "free" accessories I believe.

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Then you'll want a reference card. Any one will do; Sapphire has the most "free" accessories I believe.

i wasn't asking for what i should get, i was just initially confused by RavenSEAL's statement.

to me they all are references.. until the next PCB revision..

for the reference boards, my only concern would be warranty... I've got one card already.. visiontek.

but since the OP is ordering to have the card for another country (I could be reading that wrong too.. but he really is in another country.. india) , the warrenties might not apply to him