Where will Delgado end up?

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
He should sign a 5 year $75 mil contract with the Mets... thereby screwing them even more for the long run

I don't know where he'll end up. The Mets could use a 1B I hear. All the teams could use his services.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: fanerman91
All the teams could use his services.
It sure doesn't seem like it. The only teams pursuing him are the Orioles, the Rangers, the Marlins, and the Mets.

It doesn't surprise me that the Rangers pulled out since they already have Teixiera at 1B (even though he said he would move to another position if they signed Delgado).

Aug 14, 2001
I hope the Mets sign him to a decent contract, but I don't think he'll be signing a decent contract by any means. I think it'll be at least a year too long.

PsharkJF

Jul 12, 2004
Mets. Hopefully my Cubbies can steal Maggs Ordonez and stick him in LF - but, please, do it before Delgado signs so Boras doesn't be an outright penis.

Jul 12, 2001
everyday i think this is gonna end, hopefully it does sometime today at least for the mets so we can move on if we dont get him

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I'm hoping the Mets will get him but who knows at this point. Its a total mess right now.. did the Rangers really back out?? Are the Orioles really in it??

Better question.. Why would the Orioles or Rangers sign Delgado anyways?? Yes, he's great offensively but they need pitching. The Orioles will never compete with the Yanks and Sox until they develop or sign some good pitching. Rangers have some nice arms in the bullpen but their starters are not so hot so they need some starting pitching too not more offense.

The Mets need a first baseman in the worst way after the past couple of years which saw Mike Piazza (ugh), Jason Phillips, Todd Zeile, Mo Vaughn (double ugh) and other backups play firstbase. The Mets need a REAL first baseman.

I hope Delgado chooses the Mets.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
I don't like Delgado. But I think he'll go to Texas or the Mets. So its most likely Orioles or Marlins and I have a feeling its gonna be the Marlins.