Question Where to reliably find the latest Intel chipset drivers these days?

Bogdanov89

Jan 27, 2015
From my experience in the previous decade+ the most reliably updated place to get latest intel chipset drivers (inf utility or w/e) for your generation/model was at Intel official website.

Particularly because the various msi/asus/gigabyte... motherboard and various laptop manufacturers did not regularly & reliably update their own website driver support pages with the newest intel chipset drivers, especially for the "not latest" models.

Also because windows update usually has pretty old drivers to offer.

However for quite a few years now it seems to me that Intel has, perhaps intentionally, removed/hidden their chipset driver software updates from their websites?

Can anyone please enlighten me on this topic?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I haven't even thought about such Drivers in a decade or more. Whether Windows has the latest or not, it will be usable at the very least.

If you can't find it at Intel, try the Motherboard manufacturer. I think Windows probably has the latest though, it updates enough to be anyway.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I haven't even thought about such Drivers in a decade or more. Whether Windows has the latest or not, it will be usable at the very least.

If you can't find it at Intel, try the Motherboard manufacturer. I think Windows probably has the latest though, it updates enough to be anyway.

Bogdanov89

Jan 27, 2015
Thanks but i am just confused as to why are the intel chipset drivers missing for chipsets newer than year 2017?...

To elaborate, these are some of the latest chipsets that are shown by intel to be supported by their latest chipset software: Z370, Q370, B360 etc (year 2017).

There is nothing newer listed in the "this download is valid for the products listed below" section for the latest intel chipset drivers.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Updates to chipset INF files prior to Kaby Lake were mostly released to add support for new device IDs, address installer issues, installer bugs. Most had no effect on function of the hardware, but provided 'friendly names' to the device for easier identification.

What chipset are you looking for and for what OS?

Dec 10, 2005
For Intel, I usually just use the version from my motherboard manufacturer. Seems to work fine with whatever version they have available.

winr

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Not sure if will help

I have PCs starting at 386s and up, have had luck googling the chipset and finding drivers and such

Ricky.

winr

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Virtual Larry said many mobo makers were purging the Win. 7 drivers, I went to find Win 7 drivers for 3 of my mobos and there were only a few, could find no audio and such

I read Intel purged a ton of drivers and then purged their archives as well

No drivers for my older mobo made by Intel on there site

Ricky

winr

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
I just found the last Intel bios for my Intel DQ67SW with an installer ....SW0070 .. 10-24- 2018

Installed fine ... old one was 11-05-2012

A guy saved a bunch before they were purged, I misplaced the link but will post when I find it

Some others said they downloaded gigs of Intel stuff

Ricky.

Reactions: bigboxes

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Virtual Larry said many mobo makers were purging the Win. 7 drivers, I went to find Win 7 drivers for 3 of my mobos and there were only a few, could find no audio and such

I read Intel purged a ton of drivers and then purged their archives as well

No drivers for my older mobo made by Intel on there site

Ricky
Hope you saved those discs!

Reactions: winr

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
In times of financial constraints, any and all cost-cutting measures are on the table. Serving up files on servers are just one of the things that can and have been axed.
Intel lost its cozy position and inflation is hitting home.