Where to get the "praying Calvin" car decals?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
Originally posted by: spanky
I hate the bootleg Calvin peeing on stuff stickers.

<-- also a diehard C&H fan.

u hate the bootleg.... so does that mean there is also a legit version?

No, I don't think there is any. I thought that BW didn't want to commercialize C&H insanely (like garfield) and that's why the bootleg market was created.

*confirmed* He didn't want to be a sellout.

Any C&H merchandise is bootlegged. All the shirts, decals, etc, that you buy - he doesn't see a dime.

- M4H

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: spanky
I hate the bootleg Calvin peeing on stuff stickers.

<-- also a diehard C&H fan.

u hate the bootleg.... so does that mean there is also a legit version?

No, I don't think there is any. I thought that BW didn't want to commercialize C&H insanely (like garfield) and that's why the bootleg market was created.

*confirmed* He didn't want to be a sellout.

Any C&H merchandise is bootlegged. All the shirts, decals, etc, that you buy - he doesn't see a dime.

- M4H

I think the books, maybe some framed strips, and a calendar (from one year) are the only authorized merchandise. I would have liked a stuffed animal Hobbes!

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Try www.I Am A Sack Of Sh!t Who Bootlegs C&H Stuff So That Bil Waterson Gives Up Writing Them And Instead Is Replaced By Another Fifty F***ing Pages Of Andy Capp And Other Asshattery.org

</rant>

- M4H, hardcore Calvin & Hobbes fan

uh, i could have sworn he stopped the strip because he felt it was time and wanted to move on to other things, a hardcore fan would know this:

"Ten years after starting Calvin and Hobbes, I ended the strip. As much as I knew I'd miss the characters, the decision was long anticipated on my part. Professionally, I had accomplished far more than I'd ever set out to do and there were no more mountains I wanted to climb. Creatively, my interests were shifting away from cartooning toward painting, where I could develop my drawing skills further. And personally, I wanted to restore some balance to my life. I had given the strip all my time and energy for a decade (and was happy to do so), but now I was that much older and I wanted to work at a more thoughtful pace, out of the limelight, and without the pressures and restrictions of newspapers."

Bill Watterson
Summer 2001
from "Calvin and Hobbes Sunday Pages 1985-1995"