where to dispose of old broken large tube tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unarmdragon

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2005
i'm in monterey park, ca city hall is closed today i think since no one is picking up. i was wondering where can we dispose of old tvs?

Last edited by a moderator:

us3rnotfound

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
I'd just hold onto it and put it out with your other garbage on pickup day, that is, if its 27" or smaller.

Otherwise, you're going to have to drive it somewhere I think.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Do you live in an upper story? Hehehe. I could think of something to do with it. ;)

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
There are special places you are supposed to bring these and toxic chemicals like paint and oil.

I go if I need to but usually if it is a TV or monitor, I just put it out on the sidewalk. Sure it seems crappy because the person who takes it gets home and finds out that it does not work but I have never had anything come back. I live on a busy street so that helps.

unarmdragon

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2005
found a place that will be doing the e-waste thing nearby me so i'll just wait 2 weeks for that. thanks for your inputs. i like the sound of dropping it off from the upper floor also.

unarmdragon

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2005
found a place that will be doing the e-waste thing nearby me so i'll just wait 2 weeks for that. thanks for your inputs. i like the sound of dropping it off from the upper floor also.

srigaf

Oct 18, 2011
I live in Hawthorne and State Recycle came by yesterday and picked up a couple of TV’s, 2 cpu’s, 2 monitors, keyboards, Big box of electronics stuff, 1 microwave, an old refrigerator and a little scrap metal (file cabinets, aluminum and steel scraps piled up in back) for free. I didn’t have to do anything. They gathered it all. They said they are toxic waste (hazardous waste) certified recyclers and have on site DOD certified data destruction capabilities. They said they pick up everything all over LA for free. So give them a call at 310-978-7279. Hope I could help!

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Where I live we have these technology turn in days when the county has a day where you can dispose of electronics like computers and TV'S. Helps not to leave a bunch of old junky stuff sitting around.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Around here people treat old TVs like old horses. They take their trusted friend out to some beautiful spot outside of town and shoot the shit out of it. Then they leave their mess for others to clean up.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Throwing it off a cliff is fun. But first have some fun with any type of gun you have. Target practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.